[CoC] Hellchyld's Night Lords

HellChyld

I've been posting my progress leading up to the Call of Chaos in my blog here on the B&C. as the painting for the event starts tomorrow I figured I open a wip thread for highlights on the progress while I continue to post most of the work there. I freind suggested this may get more feedback on the work so I thought I'd give it a shot. so here is the latest update pic I've posted to the blog.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m74/Margorach/6C628E2F-2CF4-4FA2-826F-C3742B475032-312-0000000E137927C0.jpg

for the Call I'm doing three characters for my 8th Company of the 8th Legion. as the fluff on the Two captains are radically diffrent fluff wise so I used two diffrent truesacling methods to show this. Lahash is Captain of 7th claw of the 8th company and in what fluff peices i've posted can best be related to a combatant thats lethal is motion. very fluid fast and precise. Knightmare who is Lord of a friends 2nd Company is something I've wanted to build more then 5 years now and figured I could finally pull off and be happy with the conversion. while I'm not happy with the lightning claw in the pic on him thats been removed and I'm kit bashing a new one from other sources.

currently both are far from finished so its looking like several of my updates for november will be the finish of them being built. more progress on both from the begining can be found here in my blog Hellchyld's Night Lord Blog

all feedback welcome.

Nice models, some good looking greenstuff. Is it just me or is te one on the right leaning back just a bit too much?

The one on the left has a very pirate feel to him.

Keep up the hard work

edit: i personaly find that when decorating a base with dead bodies, its a good idea to have them sunk in the rubble sometimes. this way you can easly explain the lack of legs, arms, weapons. you can also cut away more of the torso so that your champian isnt struggling to rest his foot on him. food for thought.

Really like the look of Knightmare, especially his helmet and belt detail, I too think the guy on the right is leaning a little to far back. maybe cut more out of the torso on the ground so he isnt at such an extreme angle?

I quite like the way he leans back. Looks like he's about to kick that corpse off a cliff or into a pit-full of slavering daemons. What are the plans for the other guys arm? I'd imagine with the claw so close into his body you'll be having the left arm somewhat extended?

Looking forward to following this. ;)

Knightmare will be armed with a large sword in the other hand. if all goes to 0plan the Lightning claw I replacing the one with will be beconing his troops forward while the sword will be pointing out those doomed. I need to finish up Lahash's feet and pack. orginally he was a raptor so I might add a jump pack to see if it makes it look more like he's either just landed leaning back into it or pushing off the corpse to luanch into the air which with the angle doesnt sound right in my own head.

yay today is finally here where we can start painting for the CoC. to bad I'm still converting. hopeing to get them finished for painting by the end of november. haven't even started the third character yet. Best of luck to the rest of you in the CoC.

Some nice Night Lords with great conversions added to them, and i know how it feels to go over board on conversions for the COC, i havent finished anything yet :) New mutations, cracked armour and oversized close combat assecories keep popping up on my plague marines...

Good luck with the third character

Sneek peek at what's in the works. A lot of curing time on the other models. Should be interesting ... Anyway on to the pics

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m74/Margorach/A8CB6937-5EEE-48EB-9B39-60FC15B36FF6-14904-000009C01293490D.jpg

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m74/Margorach/2A4CEA62-6BB0-4B11-A4C0-A04F05004C9A-14904-000009C02771007B.jpg

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m74/Margorach/B0F48811-46FE-42CE-8E41-6A009B21494B-14904-000009C030052F55.jpg

Cc welcome

Thanks for the comments. Kinda going slow but patience helps.

With the sneek peek I've started positioning my occupant on the base but not sure about it. I want his back leg stretched out on his toes with most of his weight starting to rest on the front leg. With the positioning I'm going for it looks off maybe leaning to far back? Here pics might help what I'm saying.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m74/Margorach/7774D6A5-3D97-476E-8B71-9A3A08ED2999-15342-00000A3917B1D393.jpg

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m74/Margorach/E121AD70-6798-4408-8742-CE725B796D4E-15342-00000A390E8769E1.jpg

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m74/Margorach/68854BDA-52E7-48AD-AC97-E974BE7BBEC3-15342-00000A38F1D80217.jpg

Any help on this before the major work starts...

Bring the back leg back a little more. Depending on how you position the head and arms it may look like he's looking to the sky (laughing maniacally) so I would suggest test fitting those on to see if you like it before you make the legs permanent.

Nice use of the crapy AOBR dread... Cant say i would do that to it myself. Lol

Can I just say how extremely flattered and humbled I am to have Hellchyld pay tribute to Knightmare in this way? I always felt I was much better at conceptual work then execution - I was always quicker to join in my critics then my fans. Sculpting primarily was always a difficult obstacle for me, and I can definately say Hellchyld is lightyears beyond me in that regard. I for one am really excited to see where he takes my creation and former alter ego, and personally want to thank him.

- Lord Knightmare

wings are being changed slightly but test fit for them works. arms will be a little more difficult as I'm not big on the FU finger sculpted on most of the hands. currently thinking of having the DP holding another marine in his right hand with a weapon in his left. weapon is undecided at the moment. sculpting all new armour so he is closer to the old metal dp armor wise will be interesting just not gonna be happy if the stance is off.

knightmare is coming along well as in Lahash. should have more pics up soon and hope to start painting by the end of november. hoping the DP is finished mid december late december to be painted as my third for the call

Archived