Chariot sweep attack

Roma

So, a necron catacomb command barge is a chariot, meaning it can sweep attack in the movement phase. However it also has its own sweep attack special rule, worded slightly different. Does it get both, gets to choose, or uses either one? I ask because it seems to be an identically named rule like the talos skimmer rule in 3d edition, rather than a contradiction between codex and rulebook (in which case codex wins). Please help, it's really been bugging me when I play vs my cron opponent, who seems just as unsure.

I'd think its just like the talos. Use the codex version until GW says differently. The crons just get a special version of the rule.

The reason why I disagree with this is because the Barge is changed to unit type "chariot" and the attack is a basic ability of all chariots.

I'd think its just like the talos. Use the codex version until GW says differently. The crons just get a special version of the rule.

The reason why I disagree with this is because the Barge is changed to unit type "chariot" and the attack is a basic ability of all chariots.

In that case I would have thought that the FAQ would say something like:

"Page 52 – Catacomb Command Barge, Sweep Attack.

Ignore this entry – refer to the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook"

As it does for Land Raiders PotMS.

In that case I would have thought that the FAQ would say something like:

"Page 52 – Catacomb Command Barge, Sweep Attack.

Ignore this entry – refer to the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook"

As it does for Land Raiders PotMS.

Agreed... yet it has the unit type update but nothing like that.

Maybe I'm missing something, but the only difference between the two rules I can find is the C:N version specifies 3 attacks while the BRB version specifies as per the ICs A. But all the C:N ICs I can find that can take a CCB have 3A anyway, so there is no difference?

Maybe I'm missing something, but the only difference between the two rules I can find is the C:N version specifies 3 attacks while the BRB version specifies as per the ICs A. But all the C:N ICs I can find that can take a CCB have 3A anyway, so there is no difference?

Except there's nothing stopping you from using both rules, as far as I can tell.

No, I'd never do it, but RAW I can't find anything saying otherwise.

Except there's nothing stopping you from using both rules, as far as I can tell.

The main reason I am allowing my 'Cron buddy to use both is with current RAW it looks like they get both. Can't wait for it to be FAQed

The main reason I am allowing my 'Cron buddy to use both is with current RAW it looks like they get both. Can't wait for it to be FAQed

If he's your buddy surely he would just agree that this is unintentional and not seek to take advantage? Not suggesting he's being unpleasant about it but I would have thought that, between friends, you would just agree to play what would seem to be the common sense version.

Archived