Vanilla Marines in 6th ed

Giga

Demolishers are AP2, not AP1. So you're back to killing armor on a 5+.

Ranged AP1 would be nice to have in our codex somehow, but for now a MM attack bike is the closest thing we have...

dread (s) with twin linked laser cannons? str8 ap1 rg 48" re-roll misses?

Erm, I think you mean str9 ap2...

BTW, how are non-sniper scouts doing this edition? I swear I have never in my life seen anyone except total beginners use scouts with combat blades or shotguns, and I don't think I have ever even seen the scout biker model on the tabletop. XD

Ranged AP1 would be nice to have in our codex somehow, but for now a MM attack bike is the closest thing we have...

Orbital bombardment would like to have a word with you. ;]

But yeah, I'm under an impression every army has a bunch of easily accessible low AP high STR pieplates on versatile platforms, whereas marines either have to rely on dumb luck (orbital bombardment) or take specialized units that are not really good for anything without their gun (vindicators).

I used PF sarge CCW scouts in an outflanking or alpha striking storm in 5th, but with the changes to infiltrate and assaulting from reserves in 6th I've retired them for now.

Having said that I am planning on taking them out of mothballs for a 750pt list at a campagin weekend soon, so I'll see how that goes. I think giving everyone bolters with a combi for the sgt and staying embarked is the way to go for outflanking storm mounted squads now - act as nuisance/distraction and late game objective grabbing.

BTW, how are non-sniper scouts doing this edition? I swear I have never in my life seen anyone except total beginners use scouts with combat blades or shotguns, and I don't think I have ever even seen the scout biker model on the tabletop. XD

No charging from Reserves. No charging from Scout/Infiltrate if you go first. Potential for poorer cover saves. They're not looking too great, sniper Scouts are much better now.

I still use mine, people tend to ignore them, and a squad of ten is cheap and more than up to the job of infiltrating somewhere un-threatening and then pouncing on backfield objective holders like small cultist/fire warrior squads.

Although i generally have more luck just causing morale tests on those squads through shooting, and having them run off the board, the bonus is the scouts can hold the objective that they've flushed the enemy from.

I don't think I have ever even seen the scout biker model on the tabletop. XD

Scout Bikers are now a perfect pairing for deepstriking shooty units, like dual-Multimelta Speeders, Terminators, or Pod Squads. Toughness 5, Jink Saves, Look Out Sir!, and Turbo Boost moves will keep them alive long enough to drawn units in on a locator beacon and raise some eyebrows. I'm building and painting some as my next project.

I don't think I have ever even seen the scout biker model on the tabletop. XD

Scout Bikers are now a perfect pairing for deepstriking shooty units, like dual-Multimelta Speeders, Terminators, or Pod Squads. Toughness 5, Jink Saves, Look Out Sir!, and Turbo Boost moves will keep them alive long enough to drawn units in on a locator beacon and raise some eyebrows. I'm building and painting some as my next project.

Add Gate of Infinity Librarians to the list of compatible units.

Archived