BA + counts-as SW, thoughts?

the_mouth

Hey all,

Longtime reader, first time poster.

I'm dusting off my Blood Angels for 6th ed. Got a few games in, mostly losses so far as I adjust to 6th.

Anywho, I'm trying to put together a semi competitive BA + SW list that is fairly troops heavy as I don't have a ton of armor. My idea for fluff is to do a Knights of Blood pattern for the counts-as SW component, and use some older ish Cold Ones I have laying around in place of fenrisian wolves to add a little more fluff. (think Defense of Baal)

What are the best combos SW can give BA?

So far I've found that Rune Priests beat BA libbies in every single way as they can take a 2+ save w/ packs, better psyker protection and so on, and you can take 2 for 1 HQ slot.

Grey Hunters in a Rhino for troops.

What else would you take?

I'm thinking some Lone Wolves w/ fenrisian wolves (cold ones) would look cool and add a few cheap targets...

Right now I'm just sketching it out, but the core would be something like this (not really worried about points yet):

BA

Meph

BA div libbie in TA w/ 8 DCO in pod;

1 10x tac in rhino w/ prifle and pcannon w/ a pfist sarge or naked sarge;

1 10x asq w/ meltas w/ a kitted out sarge;

SW

2x rune priests, kitted out a bit w/ 2+ saves (one goes w/ asq and one goes with GH in rhino

1 10x gh in rhino

couple of lone wolves w/ fenrisians

a pack of fenrisian wolves

I know I'm not totally making the most of SW cheese, but I still want it to be mostly a BA force with Meph at the helm, especially since another guy in my group is running full SW.

Also see I'm running a little HQ heavy, but I think it would be fun to have that many psykers on the board.

I've got some other options to swap in/out w/ points escalation; Devs, SG, plenty more ASQ marines; a Baal and 2 dreads that can run a few different ways.

Thoughts? What are some other fun ways to combine SW goodness w/ BA?

Real quick -

I've been trying to find a ruling on this, so far all I can do is build a case.

Can a terminator IC join a squad in their dedicated DP, provided the 2 slots are saved for them?

The case for is,

a) nothing says a terminator can't be "in" a dp; and they do specify they can't be in rhinos and razorbacks; (they simply can't take DP as dedicated transports)

:) and IC can always start embarked w/ a unit and their Ded. Trans. provided there is room;

c) the USR "bulky" covers terminators taking 2 slots

d) As a reference, Wolf guard can techincally take a DP as Terminators (I think), per the fluff SW terminators never DS.

Anyone know a hard and fast ruling on this? Can't find anything.

I misread the thread as playing your BA as counts-as SW and immediately thought "heresy! Purge!"... its been a very long day...

The ICs in termy armour can indeed join pods, just be careful as BA and SW ones only have a max capacity of 10 instead of the regular marines with 12. Ditto with our slightly smaller land raiders. Its almost as if they don't want us to put characters in our units...

Ditch one lone wolf (can only have one with the FO chart), and roll with another GH squad trimming points elsewhere. More troops is always nice. I'd be a bit worried about overdoing the psykers as you're practically guaranteeing that brains will be leaking out by the end of the battle... I don't think you really need 4. With the 4 though, I'd rock divination on the SW ones, Meph with his own powers, and biomancy the BA librarian.

Archived