Foul Greenskins!

VIIILegionaire.

Hello Brothers, my Crimson Fists are getting mauled by a couple of a units I'm having a hard time countering effectivley.

I did some search-fu and found a useful article on how to deal with Nobz, but not biker Nobz. My friend runs a very effectivly Kult of Speed list, it's scary good. In fact I beat him alot more when ran footslogger in early 5th, but midway through he got the notion to put his Warboss on a bike, and the retreat began. Namley, he takes as you can imagine, boyz, and Nobz on bikes frequently, and if he's not taking biker nobz, meganobz. My usual list includs Chapter Master Pedro, and a unit of sternguard to accompany him, as well as at least two tac squads with one plasma/rocket, one flamer/heavy bolter. I was using a chaplain with a small 5 man assault squad but they are being repaired by the Chapters Serfs and Techmarines at them moment. My usual tactic is to set up statically and try to overlap my fields of fire, sometimes combat squading, sometimes not depending the on the amount of terrain. I've proxied a thunderfire cannon a couple of times, but it didn't seem to help much (those bikes are scary fast!). Any advice on how to slow the green tide and push the foul xenos back? Any certain units I should start considering in my army that I'm simply overlooking? We usually play at around 1000pts, so keep that in mind.

You'll struggle at 1000 points v Orks. Marines start getting useful at 1500+ (I find 1850 points are best for me).

TH/SS Terminators in a Land Raider Redeemer will make him weep.

A Vindicator could work if supported.

Two Ironclads with heavy flamers will give him nightmares.

At the moment you have nothing to frighten him and I'm not surprised you're losing.

You may want to give those Sternguard combi plas/meltas (at least 4-5) and put them in a drop pod. Accompanied by a Librarian with Avenger and Null Zone you drop in and wipe those nobz out in one round of shooting (or at severely damage that unit).

Forget that assault squad. They're too small to do much of anything (if you really want assault marines, take 10 with x2 flamers and use them to harass).

Hope some of this helps.

A friend of mine use's CF against my orks when i use the and he runs kantor with either a SG squad With H/F and 2 other combi's or and H/G squad. The last game we played he charged his H/G into my Warboss on bike + 7 Nob bikers after 3 assault turns he killed all mine for only 3 losses his side. The other unit he takes alot is a thunderfire cannon as the high strength or ignore cover shells.

Ya orks seem silly..at first. But they aint no joke brother. They put out nasty dakka and hit damn hard in combat. I like the suggestions above for podded SG with HF templates and combis and /or ironclads both of which ive used and loved. Also heavy bolters are brutal against orks, the TFC i havent used but it seems good also.

Try and refuse your flank since orks have a hard time bringing everything to bear at once and also go MSU, either podded SG/ironclads and then single double HF landspeeders should make a mess.

• 2 weeks later...

Kinda depends on what else you are brining and what else he is bringing. The 4+ cover the bikes get all the time makes shooting a less than wonderful concept, and getting into close combat with nobz is always a bad idea without terminators or honour guard to soak up those wounds. How many power klaws does he run?

Have you thought about scout snipers? Some pinning action could really help you out to slow the bikes advance. Tremor shells on the TFC can force some difficult terrtain tests.

I face orks quite a lot, and have come to the realization that orks are NOT going to beaten by marines in a straight up fight. You HAVE to use terrain and maneuvering to make them fight you on your terms. if you can get the charge on him that will help, but barring that I would try and get him to charge you in cover since ork players rarely bother with stikkbombs.

Flamers for a Wall of Death wont hurt either, but hellfire bolts at range will ok if you can get weight of fire.

Also, lose the heavy bolter and take lascannons on your tacs. St 9 and Ap 2 will help you guarantee to wound almost any of them if you can make it past the cover save.

Could also kite him with rhinos and fire plasma guns from the top hatch, but those dakkagunz on the bikes will likely just romp you. Thats a tough match up...

Good luck!

When it comes to nob bikers/nobz them selves, it's the same as termies, weight of armour saves, TFC's are a dream against orks, my HG have worked really well against orks, just 4HG with CC with relic blade on the charge with Kantor deal 29 attacks (4 of which are S8 and 5 being S6) plus the ability to shoot before with pistols and kantors SB help take one or two down before combat, HF rounds on SG are also another dream, with marines vs orks basic tac marines will be dishing out the hurt on boyz and anything else that's +5 armour save so it'll be the hard hitting, multi wounding stuff that you use against nob bikers

I still use the same tactics I'd did in 3rd, blow a hole in one flank and move into it. Focus all your fire on one side and punch a hole in his lines. Use that hole to make him fight long ways on the board. Bikes will still be a problem, but it allows you to focus more fire on them if they are the only thing threatening you for a few turns.

Archived