Crusading Hammernators

DominicJ

I have recently acquired a Crusader, and as well as using it to throw 15 crazed slaughter machines and a reclusiarch into enemy lines, I'm toying with the idea of a captain and hammernator bodyguard.

I figure that either the Serge or the Captain, should be clawed, and everyone else hammers and shields.

In the event of a PF enemy challenging, I can counter with claws and kill first, in the event of a none PF, I can trust in my termie armour and hammer them to death.

Obviously, much cheaper to claw the captain.

But in the event of facing an enemy hammernator captain of some sort (2+ AP2 INV) is a Serge with hammer going to cut the mustard?

But do I want to risk a claw captain to instant death? Ever?

I suppose I can always just accept with the Serge so the captain can eat rank and file.

Bit of a rant there.

Well the idea is behind it is the captain is going to hit most things on a 3+ and wound them on 4's with reroll. Your not wasting his high initiative and he still has a nice 4+ invul save incase he runs into something that by passes his 2+ save :)

the hammernator sargeant has a good chance to surivve challenges and even kill characters through ID :tu:

also, stick a SP in terminator armour in there. The 5+ FnP makes our terminators even mroe frightening! :)

What about a libby TDA and SS

Take prescience and you can now reroll all to hit with thise precious thunder hammers....

If your lucky enough you will also pick forewarning and you cast cast it on your Lr while embarked in so you make sure your delivery is on time ;)

Never depend on a land raider to be anything more than a gigantic fire magnet. Put something nasty in it, for sure, but remember that it's one decent melta/lascannon/railgun/brightlance/etc shot away from extinction, leaving the contents stranded. In some ways, the less scary the contents, the more likely it is to survive.

Melta is unlikely T1, would have to be first turn accurate drop pod assault

LC is penning on a 6, Railgun a 5, and Lance a 4(?)

Not saying it cant happen, but mass gauss feels a bigger threat.

But I only need one turn of movement for a T2 charge

Archived