Beginner at work, what do you guys think?

Zeruvar

Edit: trying Coteaz this time

After trying out some space marines, I bought a finecast Coteaz and tried my hand in painting a hero model. Cleaned up the lines, washed and primed with chaos black.

From this

gallery_69085_7879_2717845.jpg

To this

gallery_69085_7879_2097394.jpg

Almost finished product, just need to work on the arms now.

Im just wondering, with the new GW paints I've always thinned them to milk-like consistency. My issue has been with whites, I keep adding layers but it seems like I keep seeing brush strokes. Should I just keep adding layers until I lose them?

The second is definately an improvement. You might need a thinner brush to improve further because the eyes and shoulderpads aren't quite clean yet.

I also advise to have a look at Les Bursley's Black Templars tutorial (

) and SCC's most excelent Raven Guard painting tutorial ( http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=226127 ). Both will help you to paint your Black Templars to a high tabletop standard.

I agree, the second is an improvement

Some advise for you're base, I would recommend putting a small bit of the sand or fine rubble or whatever it is (grit??) paint it green, and then do the static grass(with variances in thickness and such)

If not that, at least paint the top of the base green first so you don't see the black primer underneath and around the edges.

Keep up the good work, practice makes perfect

Thanks. I didnt think about that idea for the base. I'm going to strip the other AOBR marines I have and keep practice on them some more. I got most of my army 2nd hand painted to a good tabletop standard. I just wanted to improve their look and also paint any newer models I plan on getting for my own conversions.

Whao, don't update like that, now people can't see what you started off with. (you can if you want, no one will stop you, I'm just suggesting)

The model looks really good. I can't tell of that's a flash reflecting off him or if those are highlights, but I like them. If you like, theirs a tutorial somewhere on how to make the face and top of head look like he's growing some stubble. Might give him a bit of character that you are looking for. If you can't find it I'll try and look it up for you tomorrow.

Good work though, I think it's an improvement, (can't remember now)

Keep it up

Edit: Nvm, found the old pics and reuploaded to my gallery

Thanks. I accidentally deleted the old album, but I sure will take a pic of the older minis for comparison. And yup, those are highlights that I tried to do (except for his noggin). I can't wait to finish the arms now.

Archived