dedicated transports

Well I'm looking at a heresy list but the question is valid to any list I guess.

If I buy a dedicated transport for a squad, can I have the squad sat outside it at set-up, and another squad jump in it 1st turn and use it instead.

I'll use an example to make myself clear:

Legion heavy support squad can take a rhino, but a breacher squad can only take a LR.

Can I set up heavy support in my deployment with the rhino next to them, and the breacher squad nearby. then in my 1st turn can the breacher squad hop in the rhino and zoom off?

Yes you can do this no problem.

Well I'll be damned. That is indeed the correct answer. I had always been under the impression that only the squad that took the transport can embark in it (I mean, the name dedicated kinda implies as much), but indeed it appears after deployment other squads can hop in (just see page 78 of the main rulebook for anyone wondering of the exact source).

Obviously it makes more sense that you can in fact embark into another unit's transport than not being able to would, though. But since a lot of rules don't make much sense from a "realism" point of view... :)

Yes you can do this no problem.

Well I'll be damned. That is indeed the correct answer. I had always been under the impression that only the squad that took the transport can embark in it (I mean, the name dedicated kinda implies as much), but indeed it appears after deployment other squads can hop in (just see page 78 of the main rulebook for anyone wondering of the exact source).

Obviously it makes more sense that you can in fact embark into another unit's transport than not being able to would, though. But since a lot of rules don't make much sense from a "realism" point of view... :blink:

The way youre talking about- one unit and only that unit- was the order of the day in 4rth edition. It has since been phased out.

The way youre talking about- one unit and only that unit- was the order of the day in 4rth edition. It has since been phased out.

Ah yes, the BT codex is the reason I was thinking the way I was. It's been FAQ'd of course but hadn't taken notice.

Archived