Thousand Sons Sorcerer on Disc

Shuggnuggath

Over the weekend I attended the 'Spoils of War' campaign weekend run by the Bristol Vanguard club. It was a great event, awesome tables and terrain and really friendly atmosphere.

I was in the Chaos team, playing Thousand Sons. Although the Chaos team faired rather poorly I managed a victory over my hated rival the Space Wolves and to blow up an Ork Stompa in another game, my sorcerer finished it off with Doombolt :).

In the painting competition my converted Sorcerer on a Disc of Tzeentch managed to win the trophy for the hotly contested best HQ slot.

He is converted from the Dark Vengeance lord, with a addition of a greenstuff robe, flaming skull, feather cloak and spell familiar on the shoulder. The disc is made from leftover screamer parts and a combination of greenstuff and miliput. He has magnetised feet so he can hop on and off his disc.

So without further ado here he is.

gallery_61128_7828_18901.jpg

gallery_61128_7828_118804.jpg

gallery_61128_7828_424.jpg

gallery_61128_7828_16605.jpg

Dig the dude's robe, had I not seen the (awesome) base model I'd never have realised you sculpted it. The same goes for the mega-screamer, and the flow of tendrils creates a really horrible effect. The NMM gold is nicely pale and effective. My favourite aspect of the model has to be the cheeky little familiar whispering in his ear though!

Thanks for the kind words.

I often have to point out my conversions to people unfamiliar with the original models :o

I use lots of allied Tzeentch daemons with my Thousand Sons so I wanted to the Spell Familiar to tie in with them. He's probably whispering 'they are all out to get you boss' in the sorcerers earpiece.

Archived