Uberunit

EricBasser

I want to build a Slaanesh themed army based around as much templates as possible and Chaos Daemons Slaanesh Paven gift. The Paven is a mini-lash.

For my "Deathstar" unit I was thinking of this.

Lucius, Sorcerer that is ML3, Buring Brand, and Force Sword, 6 Chosen with 5x Flamers, and Champ with Combi-Flamer and Lightning Claw and Icon of Excess. Put them in a Havoc Launching Rhino.

The unit itself gets 7/8 Flamer Templates a turn depending on the combi-flamer. Two being AP3. They are a harrasing unit. Even better if they get charged. 2D3 Ap3 and 6D3 wounds, followed by Lucius, Sorcerer, and Champions attacls before regular marines.

One question though. If I get the Preferred Enemy through Boon, does overwatch flamers re-roll 1's? I know it says To-Hit and To-Wound, but is that a different kind of wounding?

I'm not seeing the value of a sorcerer vs a lord or warpsmith here if all you're looking for is someone to hold the brand.

I see what you're going for but I think it's just too expensive to warrant it.

Have you considered using noise marines with another doom siren instead of chosen? They are cheaper, scoring and add another AP3 flamer.

That's a shame. I was hoping that as Troops, it would make up for only one Sorcerer.

Well, here is my list idea. 2 Vindicators, as many Rhinos with Havoc Launchers, the said unit of Chosen, allied Daemons with as much of the mini-lash as possible. Then start unloading templates on the now closely grouped units.

Yeah. I'm still looking into how I want to build my list. Just the direction I wanted to go. Is there any current Forgeworld Sonic Dread rules that I could use? My area allows Forgeworld in lists, and the Noise Dread is a pretty model. Just not sure if the rules translate to the Hellbrute.

Archived