Mithrilforge's Path to Redemption...

MithrilForge

@ stobz - Sir, yes Sir! biggrin.png hope the hand is gettin there..

@Cactus - yeah i didn't want the whole underside to be just grey, as a side note to anyone building this beauty...paint the missle pods BEFORE you glue em in...it was a royal pain in the censored.gif to paint them and the inside parts afterwards(when i paint another one thats what i'll do different)

if i didn't mention it this is the inspiration for painting my neph in grey tones...

gallery_9146_7882_1624.jpg

@ Elmo, thanks for the reply, and yeah it reminds me of Me 109's and FW 190's from my youth

cheers Mithril

Mithrilforge, I get what you are doing, but honestly I'm not sure I 100% agree with the concept. It does look great, I'm just not sure whether the Marines would really care to "hide" the upper and lower views of their aircraft.

That said, what you have painted does look awesome, you've done a great job. I also really like the DA icons, as well as the missiles themselves (for them being a pain, they look really good). Keep on trucking, look forward to the final fantastically painted results. :D

Bryan,thanks for the compliment.

i agree its not for everyones tastes but i kinda always think the aircraft in 40k should not be bright blue/yellow beacon's for ork's/eldar or chaos scum to aim at easier

(perhaps that may explain the higher ratio of ultramarine and imperial fists deaths as explained in an Article from"The Imperial Journal of illustrated Airborne Accidents" Circa M40. tongue.png

and also the damn thing is only armor 11 so im trying to get as much advantage(psychological)as i can get teehee.gif

more updates tomorrow...

cheers Mithril

WIP Update,
nearly done on this Flyer ! all i need to do is the tail section and put the antennae on ...then maybe do a funky base(as an extra vow wink.png ) anyways here's the update pics...

med_gallery_9146_7882_1434862.jpg

med_gallery_9146_7882_893434.jpgmed_gallery_9146_7882_426784.jpg

cheers, Mithril

Mithril, this is awesome work! The black wing motifs give the RW feel right away despite the light grey overall color! A very interesting and different approach. I also really like the touches of wear - well made and not too much "in your face" !

Question for you - how did you do the canopy? I mean the color on the clear part... Did you mask it and then airbrushed it? or did you use another technique?

Be that as it may, the final result is really, really impressive - as is all of your work for that matter...

thanks for the feedback Capt thumbsup.gif i know this color isnt to many peoples tastes but its an "Air" superiority fighter not a low flying landspeeder tongue.png

Anyways, i think my next one - A DarkTalon will be in more traditional ravenwing colors...

as to the canopy, i masked it off with tamiya tape(the thin yellow one) then cut around the frame rim with a very sharp scalpel blade!

and double sided some tape and held it in its place when i sprayed the top of the model(Tamiya spray can) then weathered it a bit then peeled off at the end to reveal ..perfection with no underneath seepage sweat.gif phew!

cheers mithril

If it helps I debated on painting my nephilim in black or using traditional aircraft colors myself. I thought about doing a split scheme with black on the top and a lighter bluish gray on the bottom but then it occurred to me, these aren't just air superiority fighters but they are probably capable of flying into space. So I stuck to black because mine are angels of vengeance but took other aspects form marine hornets and went for a squadron icon on the tail fin and aircraft tail fin markings.

Well, I for one love the paint scheme - I think it really fits with the aircraft. I also agree with your plan to do the Dark Talon a little more traditionally.

:tu:

thanks guys,

midnight - AoV =black so your right there in doing yours black thumbsup.gif do you have pics of yours yet??

Facmanpob - i look fwd to doing a bone skull face on my darktalons nose and bone wings...its going to look mean and scary!!!

well blackwing 1 is completely done now -

cheers Mithril.

med_gallery_9146_7882_410160.jpgmed_gallery_9146_7882_1780056.jpg

Yep it's in my thread at least my first nephilim is with the las cannons. Going to be working on a second one this month, just wondering if i should give it a similar tail design for a squadron or start a second squadron design since me second will have the mega bolter

@ Midnight - keep the same tail icon ,just number them both maybe...

well here is the next thing to work on ...a R/Wing Standard bearer for penance vow....

here is the obligatory before shot... cheers Mithril

med_gallery_9146_7882_245745.jpg

Double post(whats new laugh.png )

bad news on the PTR front... some so called "rubbish boxes" got tossed into the rubbish the other day,turns out to be a box with my PTR termies and combat squad in it!! pinch.gif now you see them...

med_gallery_9146_7882_864263.jpg

med_gallery_9146_7882_40667.jpg

Now you dont... ohmy.png

so now i have to paint up something new for the PTR to get my final pearl (My dreadnought is the second last pearl...i still have that at least)

here it be ...a DarkShroud...well looks like a grey plastic shroud at the moment...

(WIP)

med_gallery_9146_7882_486131.jpg

it's onto painting,

we all want our Black pearl don't we Arghhhh pirate.gif

Mithril

haha teehee.gif my pile of derp is hopefully going to help protect a squad of typhoons when there done, or it will die horribly as a fire magnet for said squad...

Arrrghhh what holds me pirate hat on me ead...my buccaneers do pirate.gif

mithril

WIP Update - my penance vow Standard bearer (ravenwing)...gee 11 days to go and i gotta do a Derpshroud as well ohmy.png

the standard is really cool but a bit of a pain to paint,although honestly i could never freehand this so its just as well GW have these raised edge banners now....only problem is its double sided pinch.gif ....

med_gallery_9146_7882_121904.jpg

and a blurry one with the base

med_gallery_9146_7882_530853.jpg

Cheers, Mithril

wip update,its getting close and i havent even started on my derpspeeder ohmy.png

here's 85% of my penance bearer...better get him out of the way and paint the speeder up in the remaining 4 days !!!

med_gallery_9146_7882_324927.jpg

cheers Mithril

Archived