How do I use vindicators against GK and SM?

Warmammer

easy answer? point and shoot. Vindicators aren't tricky, start 30" away, move up 6" & fire 24". Center the blast on the middle of a squad & hope you get a good scatter. Then roll to wound - pretty much everything in the game on 2's. Target squads who have arrived by deepstrike, who have been forced out of transports, or who have recently left a combat with a bad consolidation or flee move.

Try to use terrain to mitigate the amount of shots on side armor & try to stay at that 24" distance.

Have you had a look at the Vindicator post in C:SM 101? There's some useful info there, and while that post isn't updated, I plan to get round to it soon.

A simple search should also yield some good threads on the matter, not much about them has really changed across editions.

i want to know how to use vindicators

it aganisnt GK and SM

GK will try to use psycannons to rend, so try to take out the models carrying those as soon as possible. Marines will try to use attack bikes or speeders to get shots on the weaker side armor, so be careful of how you place the front facing of the vindi when you plan on shooting.

Most importantly: use them in pairs. One usually will attract a lot of enemy fire and be taken out quickly. A second one improves the survivability of both tremendously.

Archived