Bike bikes bikes

allwaysoffside

wait wait, so my thousand sons army that runs my sorcerer of tzeentch on a disc with screamers is now illegal!?!?!?!

this seems like there is NO synergy with CD then, the only 'benefit' of being battle brothers is that psychic powers can effect the daemons?

am I right? am I crazy? chaos is only allies of convienance then with each other effectively at least?

please tell me i'm crazy this is what my 6th ed list has been built around, and what my 5th ed list was built around albeit with modeled mutant marine bikers on screamers...

this would ruin a lot of my enjoyment of the new edition... what a large demonstration of non-imperial hate...

wait wait, so my thousand sons army that runs my sorcerer of tzeentch on a disc with screamers is now illegal!?!?!?!

this seems like there is NO synergy with CD then, the only 'benefit' of being battle brothers is that psychic powers can effect the daemons?

am I right? am I crazy? chaos is only allies of convienance then with each other effectively at least?

please tell me i'm crazy this is what my 6th ed list has been built around, and what my 5th ed list was built around albeit with modeled mutant marine bikers on screamers...

this would ruin a lot of my enjoyment of the new edition... what a large demonstration of non-imperial hate...

Sorry. :D

The only army we are battle bros with, have specific rules saying our ICs cannot join their units. :D

It's a crazy world.

CSMs and Daemons have some synergy in the form of covering some of each others' weaknesses, but they don't have synergy in the form of rules or models explicitly supporting one another. With the exception of Tally, which, given how pointedly the designers have been avoiding cross-book rules synergy, is probably on a limited lease.

Correct. Very illegal.

The rules synergy between CSM and Daemons starts and ends with Epidemius. Period. Even Fateweaver has been errated to not help.

The strategic synergy is a little wider, but not much. Both all CSM, and all Daemons lists are generally stronger. Certainly the strategic synergy is an order of magnitude stronger with IG.

With the exception of Tally, which, given how pointedly the designers have been avoiding cross-book rules synergy, is probably on a limited lease.

I've heard this repeated, but don't buy it. They just updated Daemons in full knowledge of this and didn't do anything, nor in the FAQ's. Ample opportunity.

It's also not the only area - Farseers giving Doom to allies, etc, but yes, it's by far the strongest synergy. Given that it affects all Nurgle, including enemies, it would not make sense to change it to not affect other Nurgle allies. I'm certain enough I bought the models, and it's my main 6th army!

Archived