light Mech

Brom MKIV

They don't, unfortunately. Twin heavy bolters, or twin las.

Actually, now that I think of it, grab some plasmaguns and convert twin las into las/plas. It's also a pretty easy conversion: chop off one of the lascannon barrels and glue two plasmaguns there. BA plasmabacks are the new sex.

Fast Plasmabacks are really nice. What's not so nice is when you loose your last hullpoint to a get's hot :) Kinda funny though when it happens to someone else.

Man some nice discussion so far. I'm in a similar boat as DominicJ in that I've played against many RB lists but I've never piloted one. I'm currently playing SW running 2-3 tlac RBs with drop pods and vindis to take the heat off. BAs have the benefit of fast, making lc/tlpg setup very good but I think tlac is just as good now and its worth noting that the tlac is actually better when stunned and against flyers and horde.

DominicJ- fwiw I'm using the older baal pred box sets since they come with turret options for tlac/tllc/ac and lc/hb/hf sponsons and their dirt cheap in comparison to the new kit. I payed 30 for mine. Anyway the turret may not be traditional RB kit but damn they look cool especially with dozers. If I can't have baal preds I'll at least have imitations!

People say rhinos and razorbacks suck now because they can be glanced to death. I happen to think more wrecks is a bonus. Say there is a fire lane that your opponent is using to full advantage. Even better, he's hitting you with dark reapers. Move your rhino up the lane sideways to plug that gap as much as possible and dare them to wreck it. If they don't get an explosion result, there's a good chance they'll wreck/immobilize it in place. If you can do this between LoS blocking terrain, you've just protected a large amount of real estate and shut down a really nasty unit!

They don't, unfortunately. Twin heavy bolters, or twin las.

Actually, now that I think of it, grab some plasmaguns and convert twin las into las/plas. It's also a pretty easy conversion: chop off one of the lascannon barrels and glue two plasmaguns there. BA plasmabacks are the new sex.

Fast Plasmabacks are really nice. What's not so nice is when you loose your last hullpoint to a get's hot :P Kinda funny though when it happens to someone else.

Well, since the plasmagun is twinlinked, the chance of that is pretty remote. Two ones in a row, and then still a 50% chance to save.

Nah rhino and razorback spam aren't dead in fact id say the proliferation of infantry may have strengthened mechanized infantry in some respects. Either way I know its strange to be getting into Mech now but after years of playing infantry I've suddenly found a strong desire for treads.

Nah rhino and razorback spam aren't dead in fact id say the proliferation of infantry may have strengthened mechanized infantry in some respects. Either way I know its strange to be getting into Mech now but after years of playing infantry I've suddenly found a strong desire for treads.

Well, since the plasmagun is twinlinked, the chance of that is pretty remote. Two ones in a row, and then still a 50% chance to save.
weeelllll teeechnically you could roll a 2 and then a 1 also. But that'd just be splitting atoms.....

eh, eh? Get it? plasma... atoms.... eh?..... guys? where's everyone going? :lol:

Archived