Anyone here listened to 'Perfection' by Nick Kyme?

Visitor13

• 1 month later...

Where as... you listen to Chosen of Khorne and if you WERENT thinking about doing a World Eater army, you start...

If you are thinking about doing Emperor's Children and listen to this, you may throw them in the trash. Very poor IMO

• 3 months later...

I listened to the audiodrama today and it was a nice addition to my free time spent painting some miniatures. I liked how the EC are still courteous and graceful, still set in their ways, set to reach the goal of perfection, what I disliked was that the audiodrama failed to present them as proper astartes warriors. Indeed they fight with grace, shrug pain off and are the cold methodical killers but bar the swordplay parts the chaos marines were little better than the average Slaneeshi cultist. 

The novel has some nice tokens for EC fans but overall the plot is rushed, not clear and in some parts too blunt. It is what it is, a small audio novel but unlike many others from the BL forge in this novel it seemed to me that the author was not exactly clear what he wished to achieve. An intro on the forces fighting in the battle would be welcome too. 

Rating: 4/10

• 1 month later...

The War band of elderly actor  " luvvies". Very disapointed with the acting on this audio drama. I actually switched it off before the end ( first time ever) because i found it so irritating. Could have been awesome, story was ok. As a huge fan of Slannesh felt it let the side down big time.

I actually liked this one. It's not your traditional Slaanesh "I just want to feel!", which to me is a plus.

Yeah, it was "I just want to be perfect". They went a bit overboard describing the violence, with very little in the form of character development. I would have preferred it to be a warband with more than 5 marines in it, though the chaos apothecary was interesting.

Honestly, it reminded me of an audio version of the movie "Ultramarine", which was horrible outside the rather slaaneshi suggestion that the Chaplain go "sniff taint".

As I recall, the entire Emperor's Children Legion fell to Chaos because of "I want to be perfect." Besides, we all each have our individual tastes and preferences. Me, unless it really sucks like Deliverance Lost, I'll either tolerate, like or love it.

As I recall, the entire Emperor's Children Legion fell to Chaos because of "I want to be perfect." Besides, we all each have our individual tastes and preferences. Me, unless it really sucks like Deliverance Lost, I'll either tolerate, like or love it.

Some wanted perfection, some wanted to feel, some just wanted to watch the universe burn. But this story was pretty much just overly-described fight scenes and "blargh, this is perfection. You're not perfect, so why haven't you killed yourself?" Not to mention one of the main characters has a daemon-possessed gauntlet that turns him into Two-Face, named "The Butcher" which wields a chain axe and occasionally takes control and goes into a murderous berzherker fury that sounds very Khornate for someone with the mark of Slaanesh.

Archived