Counts As Forge Fiend?

Piousservant

I love that model but I agree with Nihm.

I've been at tournies where people called out each other on base size.... model size is a little more important this version too.

I remember when the new Nids came out (Terv's) and my buddy had his beautiful converted ones he had spent a lot of time on. The thing was the 'new' models came out about 2 weeks before the tournament, and his opponent was calling him out on the 'unfair-ness' of his models. People pull this crap all the time so it might be more hassle than it's worth for you.

If you don't play competitively, it really doesn't matter. Again, it's a killer model.

I chose the Necrosphinx for my Ahriman + kSons band :tu:

That would be cool. Also, given that it's both a GW model, and not something you could possibly field in a CSM army, you will mostly be fine to use that in tournaments too.

And to top it off, it uses exactly the same base size (Monstrous Creature). It is supplied with the square one, but using my HelTurkey's flyer base (same thing!) as a template and cutting out one out of MDF and then a same-size overlay from cork was like 5 minutes. PROFIT! :)

I will likely magnetize the whole thing, especially the arms, where I will have the default Necrosphinx arms mangetized with Ectoplasma Cannons from the Forgefiend, while the HtH Maulerfiend will be using leftover Daemon Prince arms :P

• 4 weeks later...
I think I'm going to be be getting a couple decimators as forgefiends so I'm bringing this topic back for a question. Really love the decimator and if I get one with butcher cannons it is essentially a forgefiend already. But for counts as purposes, does anyone have both a forgefiend and decimator? If so, are they similar in height?

Archived