siege vanguard and badab war tactics!

Tiger9gamer

Probably in the Works and Progress folder. :) If you want to display them as a whole (fully painted), put them in the Hall of Honor. As for the list, not much I can add. It provides a lot of decent firepower, and a couple assault elements as well. I do second the suggestions on at least trying out Redth. A Librarian is a general good HQ choice for Codex: Marines, and Redth gives a lot more to the army as well.

Alright, sounds good! thanks guys :lol:

now, a question that bridges both modeling and playstyle... should I have my captain use a plasma-pistol (it would be wrist mounted like sanguinary guard) or a storm shield? I want him to look like he can use the sword two handed.

If you want a guy wielding a two handed sword then the pistol is the way to go. The shield would be awkward unless it was small & it seems a bit wonky to call it a storm shield at that point.

As far as characters go, Pellas Mir'san is a cheap character killer & his resolve rule is pretty great, just wish it was army wide. Ivanus Enkomi is great for his increased initiative, can come with or without a jump pack & adds an extra attack to the squad while charging. Add that to his re-rolls & it makes any combat focused unit very scary. Tyberos takes a SM force from a ranged force to a combat one. It is a bit tougher 6th ed with the nerf to FC & assaulting from vehicles, though as allies this can be a great counter force.

On the shooting side, with the changes to preferred enemy, Asterion Moloc is appealing if you've got a high SM meta in your area but only take him in higher point games as he's very expensive. If you do take him, he's surprisingly a good candidate to man a quad gun. When a deep striking unit or flyer shows up, blast it with his BS5 & in the following turn call in the orbital bombardment. If the enemy gets too close, have him lead the counter charge. Zhrukhal Androcles is a mixed bag. He isn't bad when taken in a vehicle heavy gaming environment or if you want to take a bunch of Thunderfires with your dev squads. On the other hand, C:SM dev squads have some of the priciest weapon costs available to Marines.

hmmm.... what would look good on him then? A regular power sword, a blood angle wimpy-ish blade, or a huge Grey knight nemesis force sword?

And I guess I have to play around a lot for this X-X

Edit!: it is very much worth mentioning as I forgot till now. I already have an Emperor's champion model that has a plasma pistol super glued to his arm... how should I pry it off?

so, I need to ask, what other characters in IA10 would be good?

I use Lias Issodon quite a bit, and he does pretty well most of the time. (Though he is in Imperial Armour: 9) Stealth is very useful, but you lose Combat Tactics. He gives the opponent a -1 to reserves as well, and has a neat little "power" that can be used at the start of the game. Most of the characters in IA:10 have been summed up quite nicely, but there are a few you may want to try out. Vaylund Cayl, while expensive, is a fun character to have, especially as he replaces Combat Tactics with Fearless. Also a MOTF, he packs a nice S10 Thunder Hammer, and is T6.

Hope this helps. :)

Archived