Counter productive list ideas

Demus Ragnok

So I plan to undertake a modelling project. It will be of people I know. Its a rag-tag group, not very well organized and terribly under equiped, as space marines. I would like to build this from the basis of an army list. But it needs to be silly, foolish and terribly terribly uneffective from a gameplay stand point. I have no experiance playing 40k so I turn to you brethren for ideas.

I do have some ideas already. First, a captain in a landspeeder(haven't decided on loadout yet).Second a land raider, yellow and beat all to heck. And finally squads with a mix of PA and scouts. Any ideas the, more absurd the better, are welcome.

Some suggestions:

- a scout unit with a mix of weapons. So in a 10 men squad have some dudes with shotguns, some with combat blades & bolt pistols, and others yet with snipers and missile launcher

- a command squad with a mix of weapons, one guy with a flamer, one with a bolt pistol & chainsword, another with a plasma, yet another with close combat weapon, etc.

- extra stormbolters on every single vehicle

- a random whirlwind

- a land speeder squadron of 3 speeders, where each has different weapons, so one with dual flamers, another with cyclone launcher and flamer, third with melta and heavy bolter, etc.

- attack bikes with heavy bolters

- 5 men devastator squad with a mix of heavy weapons, riding around in a land raider redeemer

- ironclad dreadnought with hurricane bolters

- master of the forge geared for melee

Hope this helps. ;]

It sounds like you're not necessarily looking for things that are table-legal, per se, as the Captain in a Speeder isn't something you can actually put on the table normally. If you're looking for comedic effect like that, and have no issues with going outside the codex options, here's a few ideas:

- Captain in Carapace Armor, with brass knuckles for weapons.

- Bolter marine attempting to reload, with a mag in hand that obviously doesn't fit.

- Space Marine Bikers, with training wheels

- A Dreadnought with it's legs on backwards

- A Razorback with Searchlights mounted in the turret, with a series of magnifying lenses in front of the lights

- Captain with Jump Pack, with cloak on under the Jump Pack. Paint the cloak as if it's caught fire, repeatedly, from the jump pack.

- Chaplain holding his helmet before him, as if looking at the skull, with the name Yorick emblazoned on some bit of scrollwork on his armor.

Archived