Removing the Aegis

Jolemai

Ha, I pulled the "commandeering quadgun" act on my Dark Angels opponent tonight. Already was kind of a jerk to start with by plopping a large piece of LoS blocking terrain in front of his gun. Then later in the game I had a 5 man Assault Squad move over his aegis line into base contact with the gun, my Storm Raven gunned down the last two Tactical Marines who were previously manning it, and the Assault Marines turned the quad gun onto an empty Razorback he had sitting in the backfield. One of my favorite 6th ed moments to date. So cinematic. ;)

Ha, I pulled the "commandeering quadgun" act on my Dark Angels opponent tonight. Already was kind of a jerk to start with by plopping a large piece of LoS blocking terrain in front of his gun. Then later in the game I had a 5 man Assault Squad move over his aegis line into base contact with the gun, my Storm Raven gunned down the last two Tactical Marines who were previously manning it, and the Assault Marines turned the quad gun onto an empty Razorback he had sitting in the backfield. One of my favorite 6th ed moments to date. So cinematic. :tu:

It's even funnier when you have a relentless unit like DC and can use it as an over sized assault weapon ^_^

Doesn't have to be a Relentless Unit.

Read all the way through: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=262177

I'm not 100% you can away with that, the 'carrying' part is a little sketchy

Hah, I just realized we should be able to drag a vehicle and tankshock the quadgun using a magna grapple :jaw: Since it's immobile I wonder if that means it has to attempt Death or glory or be destroyed....

CAG, that's a purely opinion thread. I don't necessarily dispute some of the conclusions reached, but no one in that thread has anything substantial to back up their assertions. So lets not link to it like it settles any rules arguments, because it doesn't. Its just another GW :devil: until they decide to hire better writers or issue more frequent FAQs.

Ha, I pulled the "commandeering quadgun" act on my Dark Angels opponent tonight. Already was kind of a jerk to start with by plopping a large piece of LoS blocking terrain in front of his gun. Then later in the game I had a 5 man Assault Squad move over his aegis line into base contact with the gun, my Storm Raven gunned down the last two Tactical Marines who were previously manning it, and the Assault Marines turned the quad gun onto an empty Razorback he had sitting in the backfield. One of my favorite 6th ed moments to date. So cinematic. :devil:

It's even funnier when you have a relentless unit like DC and can use it as an over sized assault weapon :yes:

Its not always funny, like on the last turn you use your death company to fire the quad gun kill one dude then charge, fails the charge range by 1 inch funnily enough where the dude was standing that just got killed. And it costs you the game in the second round of a tourny.

CAG, that's a purely opinion thread. ...
Unfortunately its not opinion. Easygoing players can easily agree to amicable and palatable interpretations. However, that's not RAW. Not to derail the thread, but RAW vs RAI players have a long and bloody history of bashing heads.

Tournaments must go by RAW. It is literally the only fair way to do it. Unless a TO has a specific FAQ set which is fine.

.. Its just another GW :devil: until they decide to hire better writers or issue more frequent FAQs.
Completely agree with you friend. Completely agree with you.

Archived