Choosing Psychic Powers

Meatcaber

Hello,

Apologies if this has already been asked but I couldn't find a topic already in existence!

If I was to take a power from one of the Lores in the rulebook, I can choose the Primaris power instead of rolling on the table, I know that. When it comes to 'choosing' a spell from the codex do we need to roll for them as well? Or can we choose whichever one we want?

I'm really not sure and I cannot find an answer, hence why I am asking :)

MC

Codex Marines and Blood Angels have a list of powers that you choose from at no cost. Grey Knights have powers assigned to their individual units. Their librarians have one power and can buy more for a small amount of points. Dark Angels have the powers they have. Right now Chaos Marines are the only 6th edition codex with random tables that you roll on for psychic powers.

Wow! Thanks for the quick responses!

It was as I thought, that BA would be able to pick from the Codex, and I'm guessing it will be the same for SW?

Yes, all the Loyalist marines with psychic powers- ie not black templars- can simply select their powers. Grey Knights- like Eldar- buy them. Orks on the other hand roll for them each turn... its all in their codex.

Archived