Librarian Seconded to Deathwatch, Paint Schemes

Avon Rekaes

He's looking pretty snazzy, my only suggestion to add would be on the deathwatch arm a wash of blue would help the metal pop. also picking out the inquisition I with red would look cool and add a little colour to the arm. great work with the book and illuminations though i always like to see a bit extra attention paid to books and parchments it gives minis character.

As for Livery post Deathwatch service ,I thought the marine reverted to his chapter colours but retained the deathwatch pauldron as a mark of honour on the right side.

I might go with a really watered down draken nightshade wash. The new GW Shades actually do a lot to darken surface areas, moreso than the old Washes (from what I can tell, at least). I actually did that already, but might've covered it up too well. I did a basecoat of Leadbelcher, washed with Draken Nightshade, and then drybrushed Mithril Silver over everything.

As for the =I= symbol, I believe it's supposed to stay metal with the rest of the arm. It's that way in all the reference material I've seen..

And yeah, Deathwatch marines returning to their Chapter and switching the pauldron to the right is how I vaguely remember it.

Looking back you're right about the arms the only other colour I've seen is bone for the Skulls , oh well still think it would look good. I,m sure IRL the arm looks great, you really nailed the deathwatch Librarian look well done!

Archived