Allied Grey Knights

facmanpob

So, I find myself approaching the bend around which I will be able to make out the light at the end of the tunnel for my Guardians of the Covenant. Once finished I will have 4 Terminator squads, 3 full Ravenwing Attack Squadrons, 4 Tactical squads with various weapon options, and a range of ancillary equipment, with a stack of different HQ options to lead them. As such, my mind is turning to 2013, during which year I will actually finish painting all of the above (about 70% complete as of today), and I find myself increasingly drawn towards the allies table of the BGB.

I already have plans in place for a small-medium size CSM army, based around the DV miniatures, but as a side proposition I find myself wanting to paint a small number of "character" models as an ongoing project too improve my painting skills. Rather than just painting them and putting them in a box or on a shelf though, I would like to use them on the table. Having thought about this for a lttle while, I was drawn to the GK codex, and increasingly I am being tempted to paint up an Inquisitorial warband using models cherry picked from around the world of gaming (such as the Wyrd Miniatures Malifaux models).

Now, my question is twofold.

1) Can anyone suggest any miniatures that they feel would look good in a warband?

2) Will this damn me to an eternity in the basement of the Rock being subjected to Mildred the cleaner's singing and prodding by the duty Interrogator Chaplain?

gallery_60357_6249_5437.jpeg

Your help and corrective training, as always, is much apprecieted ;)

I've toyed with this idea myself. I would like to use a 5-man squad of Grey Knights with an Inquisitor in a Razorback as an allied unit. From there, maybe eventually build up a medium sized (1500) army of Grey Knights. But those are all ideas for down the road.

I also have a power armored and a terminator kit from the GK range. I am considering if it will be more appropriate to kit bash some nicely looking DA and Deathwing command squad or keep them as they are... I have been thinking this for a year...

B)

How's this for a grimdark Inquisitor? :(

gallery_60357_6249_6401.jpg

Good idea to use the Scibor range Isiah, I've been looking at them for a while to see if anything takes my fancy, and some of their Templar knights do have the correct "Inquisitiony" feel about them

@ Brother Immolator - if I had a £ for every time I've thought of buying a box of GK Terminators to kitbash a DW command squad, I'd probably have enough to buy them direct from GW! :)

@ Brother Kovash - I'd quite like a GK force at some point too I think. Have you checked out this link? Really beautiful GK army with a twist....they aren'#t silver!

@ Brother Immolator - if I had a £ for every time I've thought of buying a box of GK Terminators to kitbash a DW command squad, I'd probably have enough to buy them direct from GW! :huh:

And I to open my own miniatures company me thinks ;)

He looks like a pimp me thinks :lol: . I would replace the vulture with coteazs psisomething eagle though!

He looks like a pimp me thinks :lol: .

He's the 40K equivalent of Huggy Bear from Starsky and Hutch! Either that or Fagin from Oliver!

http://londonparticulars.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/ron_moody_as_fagin1.jpg

I'm quite liking the vulture actually :huh:

Archived