help using points up

spafe

Im gonna be having a game in couple of weeks and think i might take blood angels. Please bear in mind I have enough models to play anything bar stormravens and fortifications. Now I've decidded I want a break from using chaos, so for a different style, Drop pods seem like a fun idea. the basis of my army is tyco (normal), 3 tac units with multimeltas/spec wep/combi on sarge with pod, 2 small units of 5 assult marines with pod and meltaguns, priest in both, 10 termies with 2 assult canons and priest to strike in using pod homers.

Now I can add either:

drop pod dred with ass or melta wep

ally krieg: quatermaster to keep fnp going, 25 guardsmen, 2 earthshaker arty

Or

2 drop pod dred with ass or melta wep

10 sternguard in pod with 6 combi weps

Which do you guys think would be more useful for my list. Its 2400 btw and against space pups, crons and possibly tau without changing my list.

Thanks very much. Also since its more how to build I put it here, but if should be in section for review army lists can a mod move it.

I quite like the idea of going all pods, but on paper allying guard seems to get me a lot for my money. so even with no advice on list, do allying guard/krieg seem to be an obvs choice in 6th? or am I overestimating guard contributions/underestimating value of good ol vets?

Archived