Lost Caliban

Augustus

What if.....the demon at the heart of Caliban(Ouroboros) is a Nurgle demon and Nurgle wanted Typhon to get the Lion to release Tuchulcha so that he could release Ouroboros... Whew. Bit confusing.

Why does Nurgle need Tulchulcha? I have the feeling that it not a demon but advance technology that has been corrupted by Nurgle. Using Tuchulcha, Nurgle could release Ouroboros who has been imprisoned by the Watchers.

Now, what if Tuchulcha just threw the entire planet, save for the Rock, into warpspace where it is today. Then Tuchulcha disappeared only to be found again on Faze V.

Move 100 years later we have the Dark Angels lurking in the Caliban system during the 13th Black Crusade. Trying to coerce TuChulcha to bring back Caliban? :jaw:

*Takes off conspiracy theorist hat and puts on suspicious of everyone and everything Dark Angels Hat*

I.. actually think Caliban was destroyed in a very deliberate way. As we know, the sorcerers in Caliban were attempting to summon/banish Ouroboros where the thermal crust of the planet was being probed (someone correct me on this if I'm recalling incorrectly). I would not be surprised if the Dark Angels fleet bombed those spots where the planet was more vulnerable due to them being beacons of daemonic power, as Luther was set on using the daemon in his gambit against Imperial rule.

The above plan sounds a little bit Tzeentizian to me. Nurgle is a tad bit more straight forward me thinks. Plus it would have turned Caliban itnto a festering landscape instead of destroying it no?

I believe Uroboros was/is/whatever an undivided demon, or else there would be some signs of dedication from the traitors during the final battle and the landscape been corrupted accordingly. Didn't Luther gave praise to the eight pointed star?

Off all the mysteries of what the heck happened there, one concerns me the most: What stakes do the little cloth draped midgets have in all of this. Because if I discover that we are a puppet like the Alpha Legion I will declare crusade!

Well. There were the zombie worm things, so it gave the Ouroboros demon a hint at being a nurgle demon. Plus the way the Northwilds are described as being sickly...

Nurgle wanted Tuchulcha and the Lion brought together...to what end?

Didn't Luther gave praise to the eight pointed star?

:) what? where?

Wrong way of putting it... I meant he followed chaos undivided.

Well. There were the zombie worm things, so it gave the Ouroboros demon a hint at being a nurgle demon. Plus the way the Northwilds are described as being sickly...

Well, yeah I guess, but if Davins moon was an indication.... A single greater demon / demon prince was able to corrupt an entire moon and turn it into a plagued hell. Wouldnt at least a large swath of Calliban be turned likewise? Especially when there is such a demon inside the core. Or the tower of angels if Luther gave in to nurgle.

I think I see what Brother Immolator is trying to say. He's trying to say if it was a daemon of Nurgle instead of an undivided daemon wouldn't there be more rot? Even if the watchers are somehow keeping control of the daemon I would think there would be.

I assume this daemon is what caused all the warp beasts on Caliban. So if it was Nurgle I would think the warp beasts would be more Nurgly instead of just plain chaosy.

I think I see what Brother Immolator is trying to say. He's trying to say if it was a daemon of Nurgle instead of an undivided daemon wouldn't there be more rot? Even if the watchers are somehow keeping control of the daemon I would think there would be.

I assume this daemon is what caused all the warp beasts on Caliban. So if it was Nurgle I would think the warp beasts would be more Nurgly instead of just plain chaosy.

Well obviously the daemon was not Nurgleish and thats why Caliban was not infested with Nurgle rot.

As I've said before and I'll say it again with regards to the demon named Ouroboros in Caliban:

In our own history and mythology, the ouroboros has several different meanings (cycles - often in the sense of something constantly recreating/redefining itself, eternity, nature, renewal, etc), but it was often associated with mysticism/tarot/sorcery/alchemy in some form through history.

In 40K, there are several of the above items best associated with Tzeentch.

Another Tzeentch connection is that the post-Heresy Thousand Sons symbol is the ouroboros.

Considering the varied forms of the nephilla/Chaos beasties on Caliban, I think that also indicates a more Tzeentch connection for the planet than the more (assumed) rotting/Nurgling type forms I'd expect from a Nurgle-associated planet. There would need to be more decay, flies everywhere, pusculent disease-ridden swathes of land, etc. Instead we got varied form beasties that apparently had different powers and tactics, etc.

Now, as to why Nurgle was pleased that the Lion took Techula (sp)? Because Nurgle is Tzeentch's enemy. If the machine is used in some fashion to destroy/assist in the destruction of Caliban, it denies Tzeentch a mortal foothold location and puts Nurgle one up on his opponent, as well as possibly giving a hold on the Lion/Dark Angels.

Well obviously the daemon was not Nurgleish and thats why Caliban was not infested with Nurgle rot.

Yeah that's what I was trying to say.

But the more I think about Bryan's analysis the more I like it.

Yeah, I already had, Wikipedia is good, but you can also find other information on the symbolism and usage of the ouroboros in some mythology texts. Hamilton's and Bulfinch's works are both good starting points for mythology texts. YMMV

And the Lexicanum shows the ouroboros shoulder pad and even names it as such for the Post-Heresy Thousand Sons.

Hmm. So its likely a Tzeentch demon thats imprisoned by the planet/watchers? In hindesight Tzeentch is the god of Mutation so a greater demon of his Patronage explains the great beasts. Maybe Nurgle is trying to strike a blow against Tzeentch by having the Lion use Tuchulcha against it...maybe.. ;)

Those worm thingies weren't made by Chaos. They were made much bigger by Chaos. All sorts of the life on Caliban had been distorted by the Chaos taint.

I would go with Bryan. That would make sense.

Those worm thingies weren't made by Chaos. They were made much bigger by Chaos. All sorts of the life on Caliban had been distorted by the Chaos taint.

I would go with Bryan. That would make sense.

see my previous post

A thought just occurred to me... Cypher was fighting pretty blatantly obvious Nurgle-infected zombies in Malediction. Being that Nurgle and Tzeentch are enemies, and the Ouroboros is heavily hinted to be an entity of Tzeentch... Coupled with the fact Jerkface McPistolchump behaves in a completely erratic way, would hint that he might just be on Vulturemon's payroll.

Archived