Warp Charge, Game turn or player turn?

DominicJ

Basicaly, I'm wondering if my unupgraded librarian can cast prescience in my movement phase and then cast shield of sanguinius in the enemy shooting phase?

Or is it either / or?

You can't mix rulebook and codex powers.

Basicaly, I'm wondering if my unupgraded librarian can cast prescience in my movement phase and then cast shield of sanguinius in the enemy shooting phase?

Or is it either / or?

You can't mix rulebook and codex powers.

This, but to answer the question in the title - "turn" means "player turn" unless it specifically says "game turn". So you recover your Warp Charge each player turn.

Since the 6th ed rule book came out. You either take standard codex powers, or you trade them all in for rulebook powers.

And yes, a Libby can cast in your turn and the enemy's turn, people already pointed that out.

Can a 100pt basic librian cast one power in my turn, and one more in the enemies?

In theory, yes. But it's uncommon to see a Psychic Power which can be used in your opponent's turn.

Since the 6th ed rule book came out. You either take standard codex powers, or you trade them all in for rulebook powers.

Could you provide a page reference for this? I can't seem to find it in the riulebook.

Could you provide a page reference for this? I can't seem to find it in the riulebook.

Because it's not clear in the BRB. Check the FAQ:

"
Psychic Powers

A Space Marine Librarian (including Tigurius) may use the psychic disciplines found in the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook, instead of those in Codex: Space Marines. If he does so, generate two new powers from the Biomancy, Pyromancy, Telepathy or Telekinesis disciplines (in any combination) before armies are deployed.
"

Every Codex FAQ has some variant of this amendment.

Can a 100pt basic librian cast one power in my turn, and one more in the enemies?

In theory, yes. But it's uncommon to see a Psychic Power which can be used in your opponent's turn.

It's worth pointing out that activating the Librarian's Force Weapon for Instant Death uses a Warp Charge. This is always available in your opponent's turn, if your Librarian is involved in a combat.

Chaos psykers can mix and match powers between codex and rule book, or even rulebook and rulebook, without any issue but they're the only ones.

That is almost certainly because they are the only true 6th edition codex so far, and the only codex to have a random psychic power chart. Plus, it isn't so unrestricted as you suggest - they must have 1 power taken from the lore of their god, and may have up to half their mastery level from said chart. meaning a mastery level 3 sorcerer of Tzeentch could have 1 or 2 powers from the lore of tzeetch with the remainder from the rulebook. The only exception is Typhus who has 2 powers from the lore of Nurgle.

The current set of FAQs are much clearer in the description regarding mixing powers (codex/rulebook) in that they state you simply can't.

As far as the topic question is concerned, yes you generate your charges every player turn. Which for most armies means you can activate your force weapon in your opponents turn, but not much else.

Laterz...

Because it's not clear in the BRB. Check the FAQ:

"
Psychic Powers

A Space Marine Librarian (including Tigurius) may use the psychic disciplines found in the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook, instead of those in Codex: Space Marines. If he does so, generate two new powers from the Biomancy, Pyromancy, Telepathy or Telekinesis disciplines (in any combination) before armies are deployed.
"

Every Codex FAQ has some variant of this amendment.

Ah, I didn't think to look at the Codex FAQ's.

Wasn't too hard to find there, thanks for pointing it out :)

I have an add on question. If warp charge points regenerate every player turn does that mean physic powers only last for the player turn they are activated? So if I use null zone it will not last in the next players turn?

Archived