Anyone seen these conversion legs in person?

Avon Rekaes

Basicks Knights Legs

The kneeling one would be perfect for my Devestator Sarge. I was going to use the kneeling legs on the command sprue that comes with the Devestator box set, and try to greenstuff a robe around him, since I'm making all my Sergeants robed. But this would be pretty nifty.

Can anyone speak to their quality and compatability?

They're originally made by micro arts and I have a set of these.

Quality wise they are really nice, and a bit bigger than plastic legs. The waist point on those kneeling legs is the sane height off a base as the waist point in regular plastic standing legs!

The only downside is the position if the resin feeds. They obscure or eradicate some of the details, or they did on the ives I have.

Overall, quite nice, but work best in similar groupings for assault squads etc.

Cheers

Thanks for the info, Cloud Runner! Looks like I'll hold off on getting the set just for the kneeling legs then, if it'll look as funny as it sounds (with the kneeling sarge being the same height as the standing brother-marines.)

Dont take my saying as 100% accurate but I seem to remember a guy who used those on terminators. I think they are up to that size.

EDIT: Yep I was right my memory still functions! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Ahem: Here you are: Terminators with those legs

The guy over there converted GK terminators to look like thousand sons preheresy.

Sorry to say this, but those terminators that Immolater linked to are not the legs you're looking for.

That is the larger legs set that were released first, for use with termies.

If you're doing devvies and only want the sergeant robed, you could do some creative basing to add a bit of height to the other marines so its not as obvious.

And the sergeant should be the biggest bad ass as he's the boss!

haha. Well, In my head I see the Sarge as kneeling in front of the devestator marines, fearlessly directing their aim as they fire right over his shoulder. If he's too big, he'll catch a lascannon beam in the back of the head!

(Also those Pre-Heresy Thousand Sons look amazing.)

I think I'll just take the normal kneeling legs and try to greenstuff a robe around them. I'm getting better with sculpting so by the time I get around to them, I might even make it look good.

Sorry to say this, but those terminators that Immolater linked to are not the legs you're looking for.

That is the larger legs set that were released first, for use with termies.

If you're doing devvies and only want the sergeant robed, you could do some creative basing to add a bit of height to the other marines so its not as obvious.

And the sergeant should be the biggest bad ass as he's the boss!

Well then, its good that you caught it or I might have lead our friend here into a pointless purchase.

Archived