Fallen fluff - Background for a tournament

Tanhausen

In response to the ambiguity of the RW fighting the Fallen.

If you'll pay attention to the new DV RW Bike set. The Robed SGT has the Crux Terminatis (sp) attached to a chain on his chest and also attached to the left side of his gas tank. Might indicate a retcon direction GW is moving in.

If I remember right, in the Dark Vengeance book, ALL the Ravenwing present know about The Fall. So yeah, that's a pretty big retcon I would say ^_^

The sergeant is no problem... He could be a "high ranked" officer of the RW. The fact that the rest know is problematic and it can be attributed to poor research on the side of the author (doubtful), or a conscious "error" for the sake of the story or an indication of where things are going (retcon territory).

As I said there is the new Codex that appears to be imminent and Gav Thorpes book named "Ravewing" so I'd expect some more depth on the RW coming our way, but Dunn's one off low-key novella that was designed to push the release of DV box is not in itself a good enough reason to discard every single Codex todate. I see it more like a device to make his story work rather than an in-depth retcon of a significant element of the entire DA mythos.

A new Codex and a dedicated novel by BL will definitely shed more light and hopefully clear up past inconsistencies... Or not! :)

He nearly made Abbadon cry on one occasion.

Hardly. I'd say Abby was more amused than upset that Cypher dropped one of his Justerian with a plasma shot.

Cypher definetley has that cool-factor going for him, but more like a desperado. Try to compare that aura to a monsterous creature like the Angel of Blades..... ;)

Well that Justerian was dropped before Abaddon could blink. Thats a show of skill in my book. And dont forget that he did inside Abbys flagship surrounded but the Alpha Legions elite troops and possibly demons. You dont pull a stand like that and simply expect lady luck to be on your side. Nor I think anybody can be amused when a dude shows up with an altitude that owns the place inside your HQ, and openly insults you to the troops that need intimidation to be kept in line.

My 2c.

The angel of blades is that dread thingie right?

Archived