Jimmi's Heresy Sons of Horus

jimmimellows

Hi all, thanks for the comments. Still no internet at home so this is a rushed post on my break. In response to a couple of things..

@irwit - thanks for pointing out the resolution problem. It would appear that in my haste to post quickly, i posted the wrong images and as such they appear a little bit "Sega Megadrive". I was going to update them however, i progressed painting slightly last night and painted in a few more details, i decided i might as well just post my latest photos in this reply.

@ Red Scorpions - Do you mean what am i adding to this model or was that a general queation about my whole army? If it was a model based question then the obvious answer would be that i'll be adding arms and a backpack :P

On an army note, im compiling a list of definates tonight hopefully. My basic plan is to magnetise all my troops arms allowing me to just buy multiple arms for various weapon loadouts. Ill post a list of my plans in my next update.

@A Kvlt Ghost - I'll aim to get some step by steps at some point, although im having lighting issues so i cannot garuntee the quality of pics. I will do my best.

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i388/jimmimellows/20121128_123650.jpg

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i388/jimmimellows/20121128_123718.jpg

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i388/jimmimellows/20121128_123759.jpg

Thanks,

Looking really nice! That armour looks like the battle damage is actually in the model!

Have to say I know you will hate me but I think I preferred the foot purple. At least then you knew for sure it was a foot, now its grey you dont really notice its the foot of a dreadnought, looks like a rock. Not sure who fluff wise SoH fought but maybe imperial fists or something? Maybe drop it into photoshop and try out some colours.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the troops! DO you plan on keeping the same quality standard on all the troops?

While the red eyes and the OSL are superbly executed, I think that they offer too much of a contrast with such a pale green. But that's just my opinion :jaw: I'm looking forward to the next update!

Ludovic

Great looking model. I agree the foot of the dread doesn't look as appealing now. To be honest, that shade of grey, it sort of looks more like they are fighting the luna wolves, like your army is having an eternal battle now that they have changed armor colors. Also is your army preheresy right before they fell, meaning before the battle of istavan, or during the battle before they became more corrupted. If it was before, then they wouldn't have fought another marine army but during the battle, they fought other sons of horus, death guard, world eaters, and emperors children. This would at least explain the white boot, since death guard and world eaters would have had a white legged dreadnought, sons of horus would blend but the emperor's children would have looked great.

Your weathering is really good, so if you do decide to keep the dreadnought boot white, perhaps dirty it up alittle with some of the dust of the landscape and some hydrolic fluid that would leak from the lines as it was severed and removed from the leg. This would help dirty up the grey foot if you decide to keep it as part of the istavaan resistance armies.

Archived