Angels of Redemption

demio

I think I have a healthy man-crush on your Angels of Redemption. You really pulled of their challenging colour scheme. :)

Also, I'm digging the Land Raider, not much wrong with that. However like Chaplain Lucifer said, maybe tone down the battle damage a bit.

I think if you add in some deep reds (maybe on the weapons) then you will break up the colour palette. The effect would be similar to the red spot colour used on the terminators. A little bit of bling goes a long way :)

I would never have thought of the green-bone combo with the termies but it works great - well done :o

The LR, as others have mentioned, is a little over the top with battle damage for me and it could do with a bit more bling and some mud bit it will look better with all the weapons/hatches etc on.

I actually don't mind that much battle damage -- actually it's more wear and tear judging by where it has been placed. What I appreciate more is the fact that the effect is in perfect scale and proportion for the size of the model. Too often the paint chips/scratches are just way to big and unrealisticaly theatrical. I'm guessing you used a [small] piece of sponge to achieve that?

And I love that olive green you've got going there. It's all awesome sauce from here :)

... Just finish it :P

Cheers

I

Cheers for the feedback guys. Now that the model is nearly complete the battle damage is looking much better.

The red is gonna have to go though as it is just not working unfortunately.

Isiah... Your correct the damage is done with a small sponge.

Nearly done.

Cheers again!

I think generally that a tank will look a bit lacking until you see it with all weapons and such attached to it. So no worries, I think! If anything, the wear and tear is a bit too heavy for my taste, but I like parade ground marine armies, so what do I know :) That's more a matter of taste, and the execution overall is great. Just carry on and finish it and it'll look great, I'm sure!

I have to be honest I think I could paint this for another 100 hours and still not be done. There are so many things I want to put more time into such as lenses, freehand the metals... everything really lol.

But I have decided to be happy with the overall model rather then all the minor details.

Brilliant work Demio, I'm glad you stopped, it is easy to get too into a job and eventually get burnt out by it. The squad and ride look excellent together and are what I hope is the start of a very special army.

Your freehand is very sharp and if you wanted to later on you could touch up your lenses etc. I wouldn't bother though they look great as is. Get to work on the next squad etc. :)

BTW: the frag launchers look way better grey instead of red B)

What lighting do you use for your pics? nicely done without glare.

:D

stobz

Oops, just noticed; your headlights are black, did you forget them or is that your 'look'?

I like the LR and think that the wear and tear is spot on, but I definitely think that it needs some red just to tie it into the spot colour on the terminators. Maybe the cowling on the assault cannons, and the aquilas on the front and sides......just a suggestion, and you are obviously free to ignore me :lol: Other than that though its really well painted and looks great! :)

Looks fantastic Demio! Your shade of green is really unique and it has paid off even the the large scale! The weathering is great to - this baby has seen some action! :lol:

On the matter of red I agree with both Chaplain Lucifer (the frag launchers look better without it) and with the others that say a small red detail would be a nice DW reference... I think the casing of the ass-cannons could be too much "in your face" as it is a fairly large surface on a prominent position... it might make it look a bit too colorful. So maybe the DW symbol in red over the white portion of the vehicle? Just an idea...

Archived