Warlord Traits

MaliGn

I prefer the idea of playing 40k in a narrative setting, for me it is ultimately what the game is for. In this instance would it be reasonable for each individual character from each force be able to choose his own warlord trait rather than roll for it, as a named narrative character he would always have that trait when nominated warlord. To me this would add to the individuality of our forces enhancing the narrative of our games. Thoughts?

It'd make sense to me. Should obviously be no problem as long as all participating players agree on it. And why wouldn't they in the sense that they benefit from it as much as their opponent.

It sounds like a fun idea but would have to be balanced appropriately. Points for certain traits would have to be scaled differently for individual HQs, or you'll have to trust each other not to cheese out. For example a scoring Flyrant or Lysander is alot scarier than a scoring Ethereal.

I prefer the idea of playing 40k in a narrative setting, for me it is ultimately what the game is for. In this instance would it be reasonable for each individual character from each force be able to choose his own warlord trait rather than roll for it, as a named narrative character he would always have that trait when nominated warlord. To me this would add to the individuality of our forces enhancing the narrative of our games. Thoughts?

A few friends and I are doing it that way in a campaign we're running right now and it works really well. Everyone picked different traits which are fitting of their warlords backstory and it has helped to tell their stories. And noone cheesed out on their traits as well. I'd say go for it :eek

Archived