Warhammer 40k Medical Symbols - Cast your vote

Headologist

Evening all. Apologies if this is not quite the right place to post, wasn't too sure where it should go...

Some of you may have seen my 40k medical stuff before, and well I'm afraid I've been tinkering again.

I've been working on some simpler variants of the Officio Medicae (1-7) / Munitorium/Imperial Guard Medic symbols (A-D) to eventually turn into transfers (and for my more talent compatriots to paint freehand). I've put together a selection of those based on the caduceus/asclepius theme, which appears on the packs and helmets of Catachan/Cadian medic minis. The second row is of course based on the standard "I" symbol of branches of the Imperium. I've tried to be a bit more creative with some of these, and some I don't think work too well if I'm honest. But you may like them. I've tried not to deviate from the standard too much, as the only "official" one that deviated at all is the Arbites - the scales extend out of the circle (radical stuff...).

But I would like your opinions. From the list below, please could you pick two options from one of the winged caduceus symbols listed from A to D - this is probably the one that will appearing most commonly on troops, panniers, equipment and vehicles.

Also, please could you pick two from the "Adeptus I" symbols listed 1 - 7. These will also appear on crates, panniers and outbuildings and the like. On one of these I have added some decorative gubbins (partly as an attempt at subliminally referencing the six-pointed Star of Life, and also a Red (or Black) Cross of sorts). If you like one of the I symbols without the gubbins but think they look good, just add that to your comments - and vice versa if you like the symbol they are already on (3) but think the gubbins are bloody awful, tell me.

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/323/d/8/40k_medical_transfers___vote_today_by_light_tricks-d5lig04.jpg

So which ones most clearly indicates medical, grimdark, 40k, and the Imperium? Or which ones look the coolest basically... thanks very much, your help is much appreciated. Once the votes have been rounded up and promptly counted, I'll upload the transfer sheet to my blog so you can all print out your own on transfer paper.

Any questions at all, don't hesitate to ask. There are higher res versions on my blog, and on DeviantArt here, but the idea is that they should be pretty clear at small sizes.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, much appreciated.

I think you're the first person to get that reference Pall Ironbear B) Glad you like the triage stuff, working on some new versions at the moment as well as some other documents that look at the more unique (but still as accurate as possible) medical situations of the 40k universe. Going to try and flesh out the Officio Medicae fluff as whole too. Have to say I love the tattoo on your avatar

A/B (pretty even split) and 2/3; like 3's snake better, not sure about the star gubbins (do kinda like them). After that it'd be 6 or 7 - I think the snake needs to be really easily read when it's that small and inside that much black.

Archived