Libby with a Force Sword

captain sox

Hi everyone,

I have a game this week! First game since April, and I have a question. The Librarian model in DV comes with a Force Sword, which oddly is not in the Librarian entry in the Codex. I'm putting the Libby in my list, and need to figure out his points cost.

Am I missing an update, FAQ or something?

Thanks

PS, not looking for his points cost, just where the Force Sword upgrade is.

Hi everyone,

I have a game this week! First game since April, and I have a question. The Librarian model in DV comes with a Force Sword, which oddly is not in the Librarian entry in the Codex. I'm putting the Libby in my list, and need to figure out his points cost.

Am I missing an update, FAQ or something?

Thanks

PS, not looking for his points cost, just where the Force Sword upgrade is.

Not sure I understand the question but then I'm VERY tired. I was under the impression that our Librarians come with a Force Weapon as standard in the codex?

If you're talking about the current Dark Angels Codex then the librarian comes standard with a force weapon. In the prior editions there was no difference between a force sword or axe or staff. So when an entry says a model can have a force weapon (or power weapon for that matter) you go with what type of weapon is on the model.

What I'm not sure on is if an entry says force (or power) sword like our Deathwing sergeant entry do you get a choice or do you have to take a power sword.

If you're talking about the current Dark Angels Codex then the librarian comes standard with a force weapon. In the prior editions there was no difference between a force sword or axe or staff. So when an entry says a model can have a force weapon (or power weapon for that matter) you go with what type of weapon is on the model.

What I'm not sure on is if an entry says force (or power) sword like our Deathwing sergeant entry do you get a choice or do you have to take a power sword.

You would have to take a Sword in that case. The choice about Power Weapons has come about because it's easier than FAQing every codex. If it states explicitly what kind of weapon a model is carrying then that's the weapon they're going to have.

It's a force weapon, so you can technically have a Librarian with any variation (Staff, Sword, Axe, etc.) from that one entry without worrying about any upgrades or what not. Howeve, for gaming purposes, it needs to go by what's on the model (unless your opponent doesn't mind a proxy I suppose) - so the DV Libby has a sword, but you could always convert.

Zeke on the other hand specifically has a "sword" in his entry.

The point where, what's on the model is what you use.

also has its advantages when you come up against someone with a force axe,

initiative 1.

Lol, take that from my ap3 power sword mr Libby with no invunrble saves...spelling bad :D

In other word if you have a Libby with axe chop it off!!!!

Archived