space marine

Warmammer

hi

what would all you think would be the best HQ and Troop to go into an arena type situation with what I own

(no special HQ's)

i currently own a librarian, chaplain both in terminator amour a captain, librarian, chaplain in power amour, tactical squads and a scout squad

what upgrades would you use

Some more information would be useful. How many points you can spend, for one.

From what you've got I'd suggest the librarian in Terminator armour, preferably with a storm shield , for your HQ. Survivability and a great many options with force powers.

As for troops I'd go with the tactical squad. What are the models armed with? If you can upgrade the sergeant to a power weapon it'd be nice.

By arena I believe you mean something more close quarters and melee combat oriented.

In that respect I have had great success with Space Marine captains loaded out with Relic Blade and Artificer Armor. Also with the current rules this guy is a great duelest. Hitting on 3's (for most things) and wounding on 2's (for most things). If you have the points a Melta bomb and combi-plasma's are a great choice.

Tactical squads are your best option if your talking C:SM. In an arena format a good option on the sergeant would be a plasma pistol & power sword. Since the sergeant is a character if you roll a six you can allocate the wound so not a bad possibility to have if you get lucky to take out a critical model in your opponents squad before you charge.

If point's are no object then another really good option is the same space marine captain except on a bike which then makes space marine bike squads troop choices. You will have less models and it will eat up points fast but they come with some serious advantages.

Jink Cover saves

Toughness 5

Relentless combined with twin linked bolters means you can rapid fire the bolters and still charge

Hammer of Wrath attacks on the charge

Increased mobility

Also a Space Marine captain on a bike is a scary scary guy. T5, St6, WS5, 2+4+ SV, 3 wounds and a 5+ automatic cover save combined with a total of 5 attacks (including hammer of wrath) on the charge and he is moving a minimum of 12 every turn.

points are about 600-700pts

i have black reach captain, DV units, termie libby with force sword, termie chaplain with storm bolter

tactical squads with power swords, chainswords, missile launchers, flamers, melta guns, plasma guns, power fist, plasma pistol, lightning claw

Archived