13th Black Crusade themed army blog

Thorian

Hi after spending a week considering all my options for starting a Chaos Marine army i have settled on what i hope will be a long but fluffy project, basic priniciple is in the title, i have been reading whatever is on the Lexicanum for inspiration and this his how is see my army going....

Abaddon(conversion) & Dhar'leth leading any Black Legion forces.

Ygethmor or Zaraphiston leading the Tzeentch/TS forces due to being sorcerers and the fact i can't find a TS character in the 13th Black Crusade fluff.

Typhus for the DG especially now i can have the zombie plague on the table.

Lucius for the EC as i found him mentioned briefly at the Crusade.

Kossolax leading the WE obviously.

Plus Erebus leading any WB but mainly leading an army of Cultists.

This will probably be a slow process due to the fact i don't have as much time for painting and converting as i would like but i hope it will be a fun project that potentially leads to a big and varied chaos army that can either fight as one or as mini more god specific armies.

Any fluff help or suggestions would be great and i hope within a week i have some pictures to show.

Ygethmor or Zaraphiston leading the Tzeentch/TS forces due to being sorcerers and the fact i can't find a TS character in the 13th Black Crusade fluff.

Didn't Ahriman have something to do with the 13th BC? I'm sure he was in Codex EoT, but he might have just been off looking for the Black Library. It's also highly probable that Khârn was present. Only special character that wasn't in the fluff in some form was Huron I believe.

Great choice of armies! Doing a crusade army can be a whole lot of fun! It allows you to built many small armies that do work together as a whole!

I'm actually currently working on a Chaos Crusade army my self, so if I can give you any advice it'd be this:

Get one army done to 1500 points, so that you have a solid army to play with, Then paint one squad of each other arm, to break up the repetition of painting 1500 of one. THen you might want to tackle another 1500, or just keep adding squads to your other legions.

I did this with my crusade. I painted about 2000 points of Deathguard, then about 1700 points of Night lords. After painting these two armies, I painted a squad of every other Legion. After I got everyone covered by at least a squad, I want back and started focusing more on my Alpha Legion. I might not finish 1500 points of them before I move on to something else, but I will finish a large chunk of them.

The nicest thing about painting a crusade army is that it keeps you from getting bored painting the same scheme over and over again! Good luck on your black crusade!

Feel free to check out my crusade in my sig if you need some inspiration!

Archived