Fabius Bile

The Octagon

As the topic title states, Fabius Bile. I've read somewhere on B&C that one should consider other HQs but i can't see why. Of course the model needs a make-over, and 165 points is worth thinking about. Now you should know that for those points you get Feel no pain, strenght 5, 5 attacks, Hatred against marines, Strenght 5 on one unit of marines, Fearless, Decent ranged weapon (not fantastic, but nice) and an instant death melee weapon. So why does people dislike the fellow? Is it because the Champion of chaos rule? which can make him into a spawn or a Daemon Prince, and making him a lesser HQ? Please tell me, because I believe his rule would fit rather well with a Blood Gorgons Chirurgeon‐Witch. Him or a sorcerer if you answer my question :D

Not got my book with me, but I believe its due to his low survivability, being forced into challenges (normally against peeps who will smush him), being slow, and not being cheap. also not ignoring armour saves means he wont even kill tac normally

He is a support HQ. His biggest value is in buffing up a giant squad of marked and likely iconed CSMs. You could then walk that super squad towards your opponent or infiltrate if you decide to use a second HQ.

Best use for Fabius himself is probably camping out in a giant cultist squad, giving them fearless.

he buffs one squad . huron for the same points buffs one squad with worse roll.

he is weak in hth. huron isnt a genius , but is better and has better utility thanks to his hvy flamers.

sorc and lord are better , so runing huron+bile is out of the question .

Archived