Champions of Chaos and shooting rounds

Panda_

If an enemy character dies as a result of multiple wounds being allocated to it simultaneously, and one or more wounds are caused by the champion, that champion still rolls on the table.

According to this, I'm wondering the step 7 is right (when do we stop tracking the CoC) :

1. 10 CSM including a Champion of Chaos with 2 plasmas shoots at loyalists,
  2. the target squad is lead by a librarian (1st closer model), the sergeant is the 3rd closer model,
  3. 3 plasma shots hit, 10 bolter shots hit, bolter shot hit from AC (tracking wounds from CoC)
  4. 2 plasma wounds, 5 bolter shots wounds, 1 bolter shot from AC wounds (tracking wounds from CoC)
  5. wounds pool consists of 2 groups of wound : 2 ap2 wounds, 6 ap5 wounds (tracking which group have wounds from AC)
  6. 2 plasma wounds try "save" : the librarian die
  7. AC don't roll on boon table
  8. 5 bolter wounds try "save", 1 marine die, the sergeant die
  9. AC roll on boon table

About my step 7, there may not be "groups of wounds" (different ap). In this example, we could also read 8 wounds, one or more of those wounds are caused by the CoC and 2 of those are ap2 (. Which would turns into 2 rolls on the boon table.

Another simplier example : no plasma, sergeant is the closer, next is the librairian, both character dies. Will the CoC roll twice times on the boon table ?

Another example 2 CoC with Plasma pistols in a squad with bolter pistols, shoot at 2 TDA librarians attached to tacticals (the librairans are the 2 closer) : 1 plasma hit the 1st librarian, 1 plasma hit the 2nd librarian (LOS), both librarian die after every wounds has been resolved. Will both champions of chaos roll twice on the boon table ?

PS: Yes, I'm over detailing steps. I want things clear.

PS2 : No Precision shots in all those examples.

PS3: Sorry for the multiple examples (they belong to the same thread : they are corolary of the first one), I just want everyone to share wisdom.

Mixed Wounds

If, after rolling To Wound, the Wound pool contains groups of Wounds with different Strengths, AP values or special rules, then each of these groups is resolved separately, using the relevant method described above. You, as the shooting player, get to choose the order in which these groups are resolved.

It seems to me that the Chaos Champions wounds have a special rule that the other bolt wounds don't so becomes a separate group from the others. So you have the 2 plasma, 5 regular bolts, and 1 champion bolt. So from your example the 2 plasma kill the closest model which is the librarian. You now have one normal marine between your champion and the sergeant. You choose whether to apply the regular marine bolt wounds or the champions bolt wound. If you apply the champions wound first it has no chance of killing the sergeant as there is a marine in the way. So you would probably apply the 5 normal bolt wounds first and hope only one save is failed.

Archived