Ravenwing (book)

WatchCaptainAzrael

All Battle-Brothers of the 2nd Company, stand at attention! A target of opportunity presents itself, the sacred tome containing the chronicles of our fellow Brothers appears to be unguarded by the heretics of the International Mail warband! We must ride into glory, before this window of opportunity closes itself in the 30th of November! Move fast, and pre-order here! :)

Very tempting. Not much of a Black library aficionado, but I do like me a discount... And it would appear to currently be free shipping!

I have read Purging of Kadillus, Angels of Darkness, and then the two Horus Heresy novels Descent of Angels and Fallen Angels. I know that there are a few short stories pertinant to the Dark Angels that have come since these; can someone please enlighten me as to the titles, and whether they are worth reading?

Very tempting. Not much of a Black library aficionado, but I do like me a discount... And it would appear to currently be free shipping!

I have read Purging of Kadillus, Angels of Darkness, and then the two Horus Heresy novels Descent of Angels and Fallen Angels. I know that there are a few short stories pertinant to the Dark Angels that have come since these; can someone please enlighten me as to the titles, and whether they are worth reading?

Stray not from your objective, brother! The urge to look anywhere other than front is naught but the whispering of Tzeentch!

(Dark Millennium has a few short stories featuring the Dark Angels, of varying qualities and interest. Call of the Lion is a DA short story in one HH anthology I do not recall atm. The novella The Lion is the most recent DA-centric HH publication, in The Primarchs collection and I believe standalone in eBook format. Savage Weapons is a short story by AD-B in some other anthology, as well as an audio publication. Deathwing is a collection of old stories, two of which are about the DA; the first one is apocryphal in nature, but still a good read. The most recent publications are the audio drama Malediction (which I'm tempted to add to the loosely related publications just ahead), the Ascension of Balthazar (I suspect the last two tracks are corrupted...) and Dark Vengeance. All of these are by CZ Dunn, which you will enjoy if the more anti-heroic aspects of the Chapter appeal to you. Loosely related publications include Sons of Fenris, highlighting the friction between Space Wolves and Dark Angels from the mutts' point of view; Grey Angel, wherein members of Malcador's loyalist individuals from traitor legions stick their nose in our business in Caliban and make a huge mess of things. There are of course more, but these will have you reading for a long while should you catch'em all. :) )

nice but i'll wait for a 3 for 2 or some such in waterstones, whsmiths or on amazon. too many other things to read/do at the moment that i can postpone this despite the shineyness

Well technicaly I have to find Purging of Kalidus too. I asked a store in Sweden and couldn't so...

Well technicaly I have to find Purging of Kalidus too. I asked a store in Sweden and couldn't so...

Having stuck my head in earlier this year the GW in Stockholm is vast, I'd be surprised if they didn't have it/couldn't get it readily.

Thanks for the heads-up, pre-ordered mine. :)

I'm hoping it's more in the vein of Angels of Darkness than Purging of Kadillus. Now don't get me wrong, Purging had it's moments but it was a bit dull at times.

Considering the basis for the book, I just might get my wish.

If it's up for preorder now it should be available to DL as an ebook within a fortnight right?

According to this review

http://thefoundingfields.com/2012/11/raven...iew-lord-night/

Ravenwing is a continuation from Angels of Darkness so it might be worth reading that to refresh your memories while you wait.

Or read Siege of Castellax; I recently finished that and it was awesome! Anyone else?

Looking forwards to this one. About time the RW got some fictional/background development. The review sounds tasty, I know I know I shouldn't of read it in case of spoilers ^_^.

Cheers

I

Anyone else musing over the wisdom in getting the eBook after having pre-ordered the physical book? :)

Since getting a Kindle last xmas I've only been reading BL stuff as ebook. Bit cheaper and good to have a large selection to hand. And you can get the book as soon as it's out. Worth considering certainly. The only drawback is losing the art and the maps aren't as clear. Flicking back chapters can be more difficult too.

Flicking back chapters can be more difficult too.

Moving through chapters is pretty easy on the Kindle. Just use the left and right arrow buttons around the central button.

I know but you know when you want to look back to check who was who, or what a character looks like? I find I can do that so easily with a book as you just have a feel for where it is, whereas on the kindle you have to hope you remember the chapter number!

Archived