Rhino Movement...

PaganLinuxGeek

I am new to this game and still learning rules. I've read in the rulebook (page 149 in the mini rulebook) on the chart that "all other vehicles" move 0" - 12".

This makes me think that a rhino could in fact move 18" in one turn. 12" in movement phase, and an additional 6" in shooting phase. However my friend states otherwise.

He states that a rhino can only 12" in total. 6" during movement phase, and an additional 6" during shooting phase.

Does the chart mean 0-12" in total for one turn INCLUDING the "flat out" move?

"Vehicle Movement

- A vehicle that travels more than 6" and up to 12" is said to be moving at Cruising Speed. This represents the vehicle concentrating on moving as fast as possible - all of its firepower will be wildly inaccurate."", BRB, Pg.71

"Moving Flat Out

A vehicle can elect to move Flat Out instead of firing in the Shooting Phase, immediately moving up to 6";", BRB, Pg.72

12 + 6 = 18.

Your friend's overthinking it. That's when massive and pointless rules disputes crop up, overthinking things that can actually be quite simple. The less simple stuff though need a bit of overthinking...

Yeah. Like they said above.

vehicles can move:

Movement phase: 0"-12", 6" or under being combat speed and over 6"-12" being cruising speed

Shooting phase: May opt to not shoot and instead move Flatout going a further 0"-6", if "Fast" 0"-12" (Blood Angels the sneaky bastards,) and if "Fast, Skimmer" 0"-18" (I do believe that's accurate for Fast Skimmers. I don't have my BGB with me at the moment.)

Archived