Flesh Tearers orginisation and Chainaxes

Lord Kallozar

Hi all. This has probably been asked before but i was wanting to know how the flesh tearers orginise themselves?

I know that they only have 4 companies (all battle companies) so where do the veterens and scouts and masters of the forge etc etc all fit in?

- Also -

How come the flesh tearers still use chainaxes? as far as i know they seem to be one of the only chapters to use chainaxes (apart from chaos legions). Is it ever explained as to why?

Cheers.

- Also -

How come the flesh tearers still use chainaxes? as far as i know they seem to be one of the only chapters to use chainaxes (apart from chaos legions). Is it ever explained as to why?

Cheers.

In Butchers Nails it informs us that Amit was seconded to the World Eaters as an emissary of the BA Legion and was a champion in their Gladiatorial arenas. It is implied that he picked up the tradition there.

Not sure if thats to me?

And if so, the specifics.

By, "gone wolf"

My understanding is that wolf vet squads can be split up amongst other squads.

So a Vet puppy in Terminator armour can join a marine squad.

Given the (presumably) short life span of a Flesh Tearer. that would seem reasonable

And they could push it further, and not have "scouts", have Power Armoured "blood claws" and farm out marines and vets to them.

Third option, they could be, in effect, four company strength chapters, each with a vet squad, 8 marine squads and a scout squad.

Not sure if thats to me?

And if so, the specifics.

By, "gone wolf"

My understanding is that wolf vet squads can be split up amongst other squads.

So a Vet puppy in Terminator armour can join a marine squad.

Given the (presumably) short life span of a Flesh Tearer. that would seem reasonable

And they could push it further, and not have "scouts", have Power Armoured "blood claws" and farm out marines and vets to them.

Third option, they could be, in effect, four company strength chapters, each with a vet squad, 8 marine squads and a scout squad.

Or they could have four battle companies, with 6 tactical squads, 2 devastator squads, 2 assault squads, as many attached scouts as needed, and as many veterans as needed.

Just because there is no "Veteran" company doesn't mean that they veterans aren't still fluid and can be attached to the other companies as squads. Same with scouts.

Thanks for all the replies so far.

In Butchers Nails it informs us that Amit was seconded to the World Eaters as an emissary of the BA Legion and was a champion in their Gladiatorial arenas. It is implied that he picked up the tradition there.

Im very intrigued about this piece of info. Could someone PM me with the details of how and why Amit was with the World Eaters and in the Gladitorial pits? Cheers.

It's not a spoiler so I can tell you that in the audio drama it mentions various Marines from other Legions who were seconded to the World Eaters Legion on Angron's battle barge and that impressed in the Gladiatorial bouts they held. Several other well known names are mentioned too.

Butcher's Nails is well worth checking out.

Our companies are not organised as standard battle companies. Every Flesh Tearer is thoroughly trained and experienced in serving whatever squad type is required by an engagement due to lack of sufficient numbers to form standing squads and companies. As such, you can speculate that a commander, if he saw fit, can field them all as Assault, or Devastator or tactical marines.

Im guessing then that the flesh tearers do not follow the blood angels markings for example blue helmets for devastator, yellow helmets for assault marines etc if they are trained to perform all tasks.

Nope, they all have black helmets from everything I've seen (it looks better anyways).

If you're looking for more inspiration on the feel of the chapter, take a look at "Beneath the Flesh" on black library by Andy Smillie (note: not a BA related book by Swallow ^_^ ). It's a short story you can get for a few bucks as an ebook and it really gets into the deep blood lust and rage of the chapter which is much stronger than the Blood Angels themselves

Im guessing then that the flesh tearers do not follow the blood angels markings for example blue helmets for devastator, yellow helmets for assault marines etc if they are trained to perform all tasks.

Nope, they all have black helmets from everything I've seen (it looks better anyways).

If you're looking for more inspiration on the feel of the chapter, take a look at "Beneath the Flesh" on black library by Andy Smillie (note: not a BA related book by Swallow ;) ). It's a short story you can get for a few bucks as an ebook and it really gets into the deep blood lust and rage of the chapter which is much stronger than the Blood Angels themselves

Thats cool, Im finding out info on behalf of my bro so i will let him know about Beneath the Flesh.

So helmet colours are all the same which is good, i agree it looks better than having multicoloured helmets. But what of the honour guard? As a pure elite personal chosen set of warriors i can imagine they would still wear gold helmets as their roles wouldnt change within the Chapter??

Finally do the flesh tearers have sanguinary guard or is that just a blood angel thing? Somehow the sanguinary guard judt dont seem to be fleah tearer-y if you see what i mean?

If you're looking for more inspiration on the feel of the chapter, take a look at "Beneath the Flesh" on black library by Andy Smillie (note: not a BA related book by Swallow :) ). It's a short story you can get for a few bucks as an ebook and it really gets into the deep blood lust and rage of the chapter which is much stronger than the Blood Angels themselves

Thats cool, Im finding out info on behalf of my bro so i will let him know about Beneath the Flesh.

So helmet colours are all the same which is good, i agree it looks better than having multicoloured helmets. But what of the honour guard? As a pure elite personal chosen set of warriors i can imagine they would still wear gold helmets as their roles wouldnt change within the Chapter??

Finally do the flesh tearers have sanguinary guard or is that just a blood angel thing? Somehow the sanguinary guard judt dont seem to be fleah tearer-y if you see what i mean?

Every BA successor is supposed to have them I think, but they don't have to all be noble.

http://www.anvilindustry.co.uk/index.php?r...;product_id=233 Good cheap alternative to the FW ones.

/

Seth's Honour Guard have gold helmets. Not sure about every Honour Guard. And FT have Sanguinary Guard too. Just very rare to see. I made a conversion last year for a Counts As Dante which i wrote some background on. Captured my thoughts on the FT and their version of Sanguinary Guard and what they represent 10,000 years on.

http://flesh-tearers.blogspot.co.uk/2011/0...sh-tearers.html

and the mini:

http://flesh-tearers.blogspot.co.uk/2010/1...forgeworld.html

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_cc2w-f0XTFg/TLer...0247%5B1%5D.JPG

Are chain axes treated the same way as power axes? I'm finally getting into 6e and my insane plan to have one squad from each successor chapter. But if the axes are I1 I'm not so sure it will be worth the effort to include Flesh Tearers. :unsure:

They are (as of yet) just played as normal CC wepons!

Unless of course you are Khorne Bezerkers, then you would get the modelling part of it!

Archived