IC's and teleportaion

Statto

Hello All

If I wanted to add any of the following in terminator armour to a squad of death wing would they A) be able to teleport in from reserves :P Make use of the Deathwing assault rule?

1) Chaplin

2) Interrogator Chaplin

3) Libriarian

Cheers

Statto

There is only war

Hello All

If I wanted to add any of the following in terminator armour to a squad of death wing would they A) be able to teleport in from reserves ;) Make use of the Deathwing assault rule?

1) Chaplain

Chaplains can't take TDA so can't DWA

Ben

Ahh but Interrogator-Chaplains can take TDA ^^

remember though they cannot assault when they arrive so that may rule out the usefulness of say a chaplain/litanies of hate as you will need to wait a turn before you can assault and if you are assaulted first you dont get the benefit of this.

libby is probably the most diverse/useful with the option for the rulebook powers plus option for the different types of force weapon vs chaplain carrying a power mace.

its a bit o a toss up betweenweapons to give too:

combi flamer vs storm bolter as an anticharge weapon. i would actually argue the storm bolter is better as its got a higher damage output every turn compared to a potential extra shot the combi would have against a charging unit

combimelta/plasma - obviously have other roles to fill so you may want these for other reasons and not as charge deterents.

Yep I'd agree on the libby for DWA. Chances of landing within charge range is determined both by scatter AND a high score on the random charge distance roll :( .

Int-Chap is best charging out of a Crusader ;). At least then you can eliminate one of the random items.

Cheers

I

At the risk of getting dragged down to cell 42 for moving things off topic, I've always thought that the Librarian was more suited to TDA, whereas the Chaplain was more suited to operating with bikes.....which is a shame when you consider the Terminator Chaplain model is one of the best they've ever done!

i'd have to agree on all points with facemanpob. the model is awesome, rules are limiting for chaplains in tda. they used to be good when you could give them oter weapons than a crozius and storm/combi bolter, ythen it al went down hill

Archived