Did I miss something regarding Interceptor?

Sepiroth

"At the end of the enemy Movement phase, a weapon with the Interceptor special rule can be fired at any one unit that has arrived from reserve within its range and line of sight."

The rule doesn't define where the arrival takes place. Is it the point at where it enters the table. or the point where it ends it's movement? Or at any point that it passed over when making the move onto the table? Without that definition i'm leaning towards firing on where the vehicle actually arrives and finishes it's move for that turn. The point at which it enters the table is the point at which it is "arriving on the table" only. The only definite point at which the vehicle can be defined as "arrived" is where it's movement ends.

To restrict the firing to only the table edge it would need to read "At the end of the enemy Movement phase, a weapon with the Interceptor special rule can be fired at any one unit that has arrived from reserve within its range and line of sight at the point it enters the table".

I agree with both Remmy and ds.

Page 124, BRB, Arriving from Reserves;

When reserves arrive, the player picks any one of the units arriving, and deploys it, moving it onto the table as described below

it must move fully onto the table

You cannot 'arrive' from reserves until you 'deploy'.

you 'deploy' by moving fully.

therefore you have 'arrived' the moment you finish moving fully onto the table form reserve.

edit:

Interceptor allows you to shoot at any unit that 'arrives' (which means has finished moving fully onto the board) in LoS and Range.

I'd love to see it FAQ'ed as:

"During the enemy Movement phase, a weapon with the Interceptor special rule can be fired at any one unit at the moment it has arrived from reserve and is placed on the table within the intercepting weapon's range and line of sight. The decision to fire is made before the next enemy unit is deployed. Firing occurs before any transported unit is disembarked from the intercepted unit if applicable."

I'd like this as a in-house rule, as it adds more fun to the tactical decisions, such as, at what point do you declare an intercept at what unit, and can you wreck or explode the transport (in that case) before the transported contents can get out. Of course it means intercept could not target a transported unit, just its transport. Cool impacts: Pods come screaming down, and you intercept the pod in the air, it explodes on the ground...leaving a crater and some survivors. It almost takes you back to the original pod forgeworld advanced rules....

Overall, I'll just intercept the enemy units as written and just target the ones in sight and in range...

When reserves arrive, the player picks any one of the units arriving, and deploys it, moving it onto the table as described below

therefore you have 'arrived' the moment you finish moving fully onto the table form reserve.

edit:

Interceptor allows you to shoot at any unit that 'arrives' (which means has finished moving fully onto the board) in LoS and Range.

I agree with Gentlemanloser (this is starting to get worrying!)

I don't think it is any stretch of the imagination to read the rule as:

“At the end of the enemy Movement phase, a weapon with the Interceptor special rule can be fired at any one unit that has arrived from reserve and is now within its range and line of sight.”

Look, I fixed it! :down:

In a nutshell:

Unit arrives within range/LoS, stays in range/LoS = fire!

Unit arrives within range/LoS, moves out of range/LoS = fire! = no shot

Unit arrives outside of range/LoS, stays out of range/LoS = no shot

Unit arrives outside of range/LoS, moves into range/LoS = no shot = fire!

Because GW flubbed a sentence.

edit:

I agree with the argument that the unit arrived from reserves and is now HERE aka its final position on the board. Check LOS and range at the end of movement, and fire!

Archived