Icon of Vengeance?

Vomikron Noxis

Hail brothers!

Just a quickie really, how do you guys feel about the IoV? The reason I ask is: I'm running 2 x 10 unmarked CSM on foot with 2 x plasma each (plus 2 x 10 cultists), and I'm deliberating over the icon for them both. On the one hand it prevents them running at the first sign of trouble, but on the other it prevents them going to ground if I need them to. The alternative would be to give them VotLW for the ld boost and use the remaining 30 pts to give my biker champs a combi melta and melta bombs (running them 2 x 3 for tank hunting).

What are your thoughts?

Just curious Jeske, what mark/icon do you recommend for a 10-man dual-plas squad? I either have to mark my units or replace the icon guys, so I'm wondering which would be better. Mark them or just drop the icons?

it doesnt work like that . how many points , what HQ set up . ally in or not . if ally then which . is it suppose to be something else then black legion or not . etc etc.

in general icons either suck [tzeench and nurgle] or arent needed . yes FnP is nice and all , but by the time a unit of csm is big enough to use it , it stops needing that upgrade . for 10 csm it is too easy to snipe the icon[which unlike champions or HQs does not get LOS!] for 12-14 size squads it stops being needed or makes the unit cost too much . there are some very specific units which sometimes take icons . slanesh bikers are one of those for example and only when joined by a slanesh lord.

as marks goes khorn and slanesh are good , but khorn lords are better so those get run more offten [and before someone jumps on me about csm being troops no matter what mark they have , I know that. problem is sometimes you have to hide your HQ end game and there is nothing worse then being unable to do that just because they have different marks].

MoT is ultra bad and runing MoN on most stuff isnt bad per se , but does force weaker options[like nurgle bikers are good , but this forces us to run mace lords or undivied sorc with them etc] .

I usally use IoV for backfield bolter squads and VotLW for CC/truegrit squads that are pressing forward. In a backfield, icons are less snipable and it prevents you from losing entire squad to one unlucky roll.

Nay.

Too expensive for what it does, especially considering:

A ) it can be lost prematurely.

B ) the CSM army isn't exactly in short supply of Fearless to begin with.

is it suppose to be something else then black legion or not

That's fluff jeske, I thought that was out of character for you... ;)

irrelevant . question was not what could be good for my army , but what could be good in chaos armies in general . Even If I wanted to , there is no way for me to stop someone from playing a tzeench or nurgle csm army .

irrelevant . question was not what could be good for my army , but what could be good in chaos armies in general . Even If I wanted to , there is no way for me to stop someone from playing a tzeench or nurgle csm army .

Ever get the feeling Jeske could be a necron infiltrator? so mechanical lol. Sorry, not having a dig, just such efficent and logical posts

I'd go with Veterans over an icon, its cheaper and has very similar end affect

Archived