Question about the fallen

John_f

@cactus - thanks! may at some point 'hear' this though more a fan or written books plus the audios are too expensive!

@Bryan Blaire - i bow down to your knowledge here - not read them in some time, probably since thy were released. this plus a combination of other factors has probably made my memories fuzzy. i know it was terran/calibanite split to some degree and that a team (possibly just a couple?) of libbys dealt with sme sort of daemon/shrine and Johnson was indignant about it which resulted in the libby staying back etc.

good excuse to read them again me thinks.

In fact I have been a long-term advocate of the view that the DAs are loyal to the Emperor but not the Imperium (I leave humankind out of it, because their actions have resulted in deaths of innocents on an number of occasions). The DAs have a personal "dialogue" with the Emperor (metaphorically speaking of course, a real conversation with the Emperor would be kind of one-sided ;)) ........

Warning spoilers.....:)

This is actively referred to in the short story The Lion in the book The Primarchs. At the height of the Heresy Jonson basically says that he doesn't trust any other Primarch. He even hints that whilst he believes Guilliman wouldn't betray humanity, he can't be sure he is still loyal to the Emperor....paranoia which is given credence, in Jonson's mind, by the fact that Guilliman summons the Blood Angels and Dark Angels to Ultramar and not Terra. It can be argued that Guilliman might be assuming that Terra is lost, but that together the Ultramarines, BA and DA could set up Sanguinius as a new Emperor based around the Ultramar sector, and hold out whilst the traior legions batter themselves against the Imperial Fists on Terra. This is the reason that Jonson dismisses Guilliman's summons, as he holds nobody higher than the Emperor.

What can I say, I like Gav's work! :)

On a related note, did you know that there is a Canadian Oil refining company called Ultramar, whose previous name was Golden Eagle! Spooky! :D

:D

Archived