A Jabberslythe Concept Sculpt

ji7

So, I didn't know where to put this and maybe it shouldn't be here at all since it is Warhammer but I thought to give it a go. I'm sure admin will delete it or move it if need be. This is a project that I started a long, long time ago before GW even released their own Jabberslythe model for the Beastmen army of Warhammer. This is of course a large scale sculpt using Super Sculpey Firm polymer clay. The reason I decided to do a Jabberslythe was simply because he sounded like quite a challenge to make and also a pretty gruesome beast (at the time I was up for the challenge). Suffice it to say that I got busy with other projects and he got shelved. I am currently working on a commission of the Emperor and will be finishing that around February, after which I will be resuming work on the Jabberslythe with the intention of finally finishing it - can't wait. So I thought I would get this up on here in case anyone is interested in branching out into polymer clay. It isn't the best medium for conversion work but it is a popular choice for sculpting miniatures from the armature up and I know that a lot of the pro miniature designers use it. As work resumes and progresses I will be adding many more pics. There are also a number of YouTube videos that show the sculpting process if anyone is interested is those tutorials. You can find the first one (Introduction) here:

Archived