Dark Millennium

Cactus

I'm so chuffed I just had to share this with my Brethren on the Rock.

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb440/Cactus-/DarkMillennium.jpg

The original painting by Geoff Taylor that was delivered to me today. ;)

Did he still have the original after all these years? Or did you find the owner of the original and get them to sell it to you?

I want to get a print of that. I love almost all the art for DA that GW has gotten someone to do.

Cactus,

You must immediately go the nearest decent scanning facility, scan that beauty in some high res format, come back to us and provide a link to that scan.

This you must.

Go now.

Why are you still here?

I am waiting.

Still waiting.

Still waiting.

Still waiting.

Lucky Bugger

:)

Holy poopsicles! How the hell did you score that beauty! I hope you have a spot on your fire place mantle where everybody can see it.
Did he still have the original after all these years? Or did you find the owner of the original and get them to sell it to you?

I found it purely by chance. I wanted to reference the picture in a discussion here about white power armour, so I searched for "Dark Millennium Geoff Taylor" and the first result was Geoff's website. I wish I could afford more - 4th edition Warhammer, Necromunda, Codex: Eldar, Warhammer Quest, Titan Legions...

It's staying in the plastic wrapping until I get it framed, then I'll worry about where to display it. I'll rearrange the furniture if I have to!

I want to get a print of that. I love almost all the art for DA that GW has gotten someone to do.

Unfortunately the copyright to the image is still owned by Games Workshop so only they can sell prints.

Psish, yes that's where I found it. You see that 'sold' tag in the corner? That was me. :D

Let's just say I could have bought one hundred hardback rulebooks instead. I don't know if the price is the same for every cover painting but you'd have to email Geoff to find out. I should add that Geoff's a thoroughly nice chap. He wrote a short message in a card and even slipped a signed Chaos Warrior bookmark in too!

Aw, I'm glad you all like it too.

Isiah, I'm going to have it professionally framed - maybe with a little plaque bearing the title - then hang it on my wall where I'll see it every day.

My cousin enquired after the Codex: Eldar paintings too. I was an eldar player long before I had any space marines. Only £2k you say? It's time to start saving!

Archived