Allies for my CSM Army

loku

I'm thinking in a allied force for my CSM:

(130 pts) The Blue Scribes

(207 pts) x9 Flamers of Tzeentch

(153 pts) x9 Pink Horrors of Tzeentch

(225 pts) x9 Screamers of Tzeentch

Those are 715 pts, good for a 2500 pts army CSM/CD

The matter is: Actually the CSM need more powerfull units and the deamons of Tzeentch can add that power to the CSM...

I'm thinking in an infantry army with 2 Blade-Heldrakes and probably 2 Hades-Forgefiends...

So what is your allied force? and what do you think about my list?

Units of 9 models are for fluff... units of 3 maybe but 6 is for slaanesh. T.T

Well, 6 is perfectly divideable so that the answer is 9...

6/(2/3)=9

...or do you not think that Tzeentch is smart enough to know his basic math? :P

Units of 9 models are for fluff... units of 3 maybe but 6 is for slaanesh. T.T

6/(2/3)=9

...or do you not think that Tzeentch is smart enough to know his basic math? :P

touche XD

For my daemon allies, I'm trying to go with the 'something of everything' approach to compliment my undivided leanings.

Right now, that's 'letters and 'bearers as troops, screamers in fast, fiends in elite. I'd like to lead them all with an undivided daemon prince, but that's not possible. Maybe they'll go back to HQ in the new book... but then again they'll probably nonsensically lose their ability to be undivided, so booh.

Failing that, I'm currently going with the skulltaker, and since heralds are 2/1, I'm considering a slaaneshi herald on steed to hang with my fiends (all in progress drider conversions, as the herald would be). A greater daemon would be better than the heralds, but would throw off the alignment balance, so I haven't been able to bring myself to it. I was considering a nice, undivided soulgrinder in the open heavy slot, but then started hearing new book rumors, so got cold feet.

I ran the lot once, on its own, just to see how I liked the feel of the units, and it was fun enough. The new screamers in particular are hella brutal, and the fiends are still quite choppy. Not sure on the plagues, really, might trade them away for nurglings. Nurglings don't have the necessary visual impact, but I could downgrade the taker to a champ and run a GUO as the main 'nurgle' thing.... of course, a winged monster would be better. Then again, if it were just a matter of what was 'better', then everything would be tzeentch, and the balance angle would be out the window.

I haven't run them as allies for my CSMs yet because it's a lot of points, and I've got a lot of modeling & painting work to do before I start playing games that size (trying to "do it right" this time around). I'd run smaller ally wings, but the taker's the only HQ right now, and I'm not a super big fan of the letters on their own (they're mostly there for theme, while the 'good stuff' is in elites & fast).

-----------------------------------

6/(2/3)=9

2/3

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z142/Malisteen/30945353.jpg

For my daemon allies, I'm trying to go with the 'something of everything' approach to compliment my undivided leanings.

Actually I'm an undivided player... My army is the Black Legion I usually run CSM with MoN (troops), MoK (fast) or MoS (elites), but never CSM with MoT because is too weak for them... the MoT is only (for me) for the Lords/Sorcerers/Termis/Mutilators/Obliterators/Warp Talons because their inv. save will be 4+.

So... I want to run something Tzeechy in my army that's why the daemons.

I like dedicate units but they are too expensive...

Archived