Oceangrave's WIP (Blood Angel Allies 5/6/13)

Oceangrave

Love that GotC Commander, seriously making me consider doing my DV models in that scheme when I get them, but I don't really want to waste to two pots of DA Green I'm getting with DV for Chrimbo :lol:

I like everything you've done thus far, but I see what you mean with the Sallie Sgt. He looks a bit "furry" in spots which would probably be sorted with a wash or two. But even then he looks pretty sweet.

Keep it up mate :P

Thanks :D yah, the push fit guys I got for like 12 dollars a long time ago and still gotta hit em with some matte coat so they are protected and the tones kinda even out

im hopeless when it comes to varnish :P ...What kind do you use? and any tips? :)

• 2 weeks later...
Nice work here mate,

Any chance of the blue recipe?

Loving that Sallie champion with the PF and Combat shield, just looks bad ass, probably those smouldering eyes :)

Thanks man, and the blue recipe is rather simple but it is a game of if you want it to be a vibrant blue or a more toned down blue, but that literally is based on the undercoat...

GREY UNDERCOAT (Vibrant; no washes):

1. REAPER Ultramarine Shadow

2. Drybrush Ultramarine Blue

3. Drybrush Ultramarine Blue/Highlight 1:1

4. Drybrush Ultramarine Highlight

5. Edge Highlight Ultramarine Highlight

BLACK UNDERCOAT (Dull; Thin Wash):

1. REAPER Ultramarine Shadow/Blue 1:1

2. Nuln Oil Wash (thinned 4:1 Wash:Thinner, and cleaned respectively to avoid puddles)

3. Drybrush Ultramarine Blue

4. Drybrush Ultramarine Blue/Highlight 1:1

5. Drybrush Ultramarine Highlight

6. Edge Highlight Ultramarine Highlight

And since that pic of the Sallie I've got ALOT more Salamander stuff done, but I also got an AIRBRUSH AND IT IS SIIIIIIICK.... Been practicing alot with it and will probably find a way to use it on some commission work that I'm not allowed to post on here (Xenos and all)

• 3 weeks later...

Been forever since I have been here and even with the new format I kinda like being here...

Since I saw yall last I have been messing with my new airbrush, mostly to lay down base colours, not good enough with it yet to do most of the work with it, what I've mainly been working on has been Xenos, so i cant really show yall but I can show yall a model i finished who has to be one of my favorite terminator models

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc383/BlackDaemonxxx/IMG_20130109_103219_137.jpg

and some more GoTC

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc383/BlackDaemonxxx/IMG_20130107_015255_522.jpg

• 3 months later...

Well, this thread went the way of the dodo as of late, kinda been posting here and there in the Dark Angels sect of the forum while I kinda do other stuff on the side, going to probably post a few pictures of my other projects and how they have developed over a long period.

Honestly, man. I would say your best work is with the Guardians of the Covenant but that's just my thoughts. You do consistent good work and its nice to see you improve with each model.

Keep up the good work, man.

Well, I'll post some more on my angels if you haven't seen what I posted over there I'll probably re-post the pics in time, but here is my Chaplain Eraxis model I'm making, the most i'll do after he is done is replace the backpack with a jump pack cuz he is all combat.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a unit of severely awesome Blood Angel tactical marines, pretty much 2 boxes of death company models in 1 tac squad, for 18 dollars.... had to take it and since I've been wanting to paint blood angels (mk4 helmets are just too much for me) and I need them for my Dark Angels I am gonna have fun with it.

Model on the left is my test model, model on the right is how all 10 of them came, I am pretty sure thats army painter primer since it was pretty thin although there was a bit of overspray in areas.

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc383/BlackDaemonxxx/IMG_20130506_163131_157_zps354a6c7f.jpg

Tasty. But the green seems to be a bit lacking in depth. Not totally lacking, but I feel like it could use a much darker hardlining. Also, mold lines on the helmets sad.png

That aside, I'm quite fond of the lava/fire you've managed. smile.png

Edit- Crap, I was looking at the previous page when I posted...oh well, the points still stand :P

Yah, that was a long time ago, the salamanders I have half done now are alittle cleaner then that and the storm talon is done, will probably post a pic of the finished talon later tonight since I had no time to work on anything today, was planting and setting gardens around my house today

Archived