Death Company Discovery!

BrotherTim

I have been list building for an upcoming 1850 tourniment at my LGS and wanted to try to include some Death Company for the first time in sixth edition. After scouring the codex and BRB I have made two amazing discoveries. Please let me know if I have missed something and reference the source because these were two huge bonuses.

1)The Death Company are controllable now, not having to attack the closest target and immune to kiting. I got this after reading the rules for "Black Rage" and Rage several times. The only difference between the Black Rage and the BRB Rage is that the Death Company are not scoring. The Rage USR grants +2 attacks on the charge instead of 1 and makes no mention about having to move torwards and attack the closest target.

2)The Death Company Dreadnought does NOT have the "Black Rage" rule, only the BRB Rage. This would imply that it CAN be counted as a scoring unit! I'm not sure how well a vehicle troop choice would be but the fact is as I read it a full Death Company army can compete in objective based missions.

Again, please correct me if I have missed something at cite the source please. Thanks and I hope this blows everyone's mind as much as it has mine!

Controllable and Scoring!te='Nov 29 2012, 07:10 PM' post='3249719']

AFIK they are still not scoring as the codex says they arent?, they are a denial unit though

Codex states they have black rage, which means they are subject to Rage USR and are NOT scoring

Please let me know where you see "black rage" for any unit other than the infantry death company. I believe the dreadnoughts are scoring!

on page 44 of the blood angel codex is says

Black Rage: The Death Company are subject to the Rage universal special rule. Furthermore.the Death Company never count as a scoring unit.

If the Death company dreadnought is death company then no, it can not be scoring I would think, but would be nice. So I don't think it works.

on page 44 of the blood angel codex is says

Black Rage: The Death Company are subject to the Rage universal special rule. Furthermore.the Death Company never count as a scoring unit.

If the Death company dreadnought is death company then no, it can not be scoring I would think, but would be nice. So I don't think it works.

Understanding where you're coming from, if we're gonna play the game of "Death Company Dreadnoughts are Death Company, making them subject to Black Rage" then "Furioso Librarians are Librarians, and can roll on the divinations table," which is another fight I've seen on this sub.

Regardless, we all know that vehicles can not score. It would be nice if Death Company Dreads could score, but thats the way it is.

Non scoring does not matter if there is no enemy left, I took Lemartes and Astorath all Jump pack DC with baals and bikes against a nurgle marine/termie list. Nurgle, even with blight grenades denying the attack bonus dont look so tough anymore. JP DC getting the charge and re-rolls are devastating. Demon Princes run from Astorath that AP2 axe with hit and wound re-rolls then forced invun re-rolls is terrible if you have 5 DC watching "get em boss" allows astorath re-rolls on his own armour saves.

Demon Princes run from Astorath that AP2 axe with hit and wound re-rolls then forced invun re-rolls is terrible if you have 5 DC watching "get em boss" allows astorath re-rolls on his own armour saves.

Does a chaplain (other than Lemartes) actually get the rerolls to wound? I don't think so, the rule specifically says "death company may reroll to wound"

Also remember that Astorath does not have an armour save to reroll against a daemon prince (They have Smash, so AP2).

Non scoring does not matter if there is no enemy left, I took Lemartes and Astorath all Jump pack DC with baals and bikes against a nurgle marine/termie list. Nurgle, even with blight grenades denying the attack bonus dont look so tough anymore. JP DC getting the charge and re-rolls are devastating. Demon Princes run from Astorath that AP2 axe with hit and wound re-rolls then forced invun re-rolls is terrible if you have 5 DC watching "get em boss" allows astorath re-rolls on his own armour saves.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's a tourney team calling themselves table or die. Just for fun they take armies loaded with death company or space wolves with canis and fenrisian wolves that have no scoring units. The only way to win with a build like this is to table your opponent. You can't always win like this but it's not impossible.

Archived