ColdWinter's Space Marines

Hello brothers and sisters of the B&C, short time lurker and long time converter I have recently joined this site. Since I'm not going to bore you with a long speech I will keep this brief, since I have recently started thinking of making an new Space Marine army I deicided to make some models. Now I haven't decided on a Space Marine chapter or to make a DIY, so I'm open for ideas. But I'm quite happy on how the first marines are looking since all of them will be converted, I might even go for true scale if I can get my hands on some plasticard, but if that doesn't workout then I will go on the good old basic models. Now to not bother you any further here are some of my models!:

First up a brother marine who served in the Death Watch:

gallery_69772_7937_2139068.jpg

Second up is a brother of the command squad:

gallery_69772_7937_297466.jpg

and last but not least is another brother who served in the Death Watch:

gallery_69772_7937_1117444.jpg

So C&C is welcome and any ideas on a chapter I should choose is most welcome since I'm open to ideas!

You should make them eagles eternal.....

Aside from my shameless plug, really cool marines. Can you post a second picture of the third marine? Something looks interesting hidden behind the flamer, but I can't tell if its just his arm posistion or not

Nvm, I think it's a shield on his hand. My mistake

Really cool marines

thanks War Angel for that swift comment, always appreciated when people see some of my work and comment. My goal is to eventually find a chapter and then build it for Heresy and 40k purposes, this includes forgeworld bits and all the goodies. Until more people give me options , and I believe so far the Eagles Eternal are my favourite. So more will be done when I get alot more bits, just let the C&C keep coming :)

Thanks everyone for the posting so far, I really didn't expect did this many comments. Anyways here are the different angels of jumping marine you reqeusted:

from behind:

gallery_69772_7937_2132598.jpg

from the side:

gallery_69772_7937_3444798.jpg

I really like the guy jumping the barricade. Why is the heavy flamer guy wearing a jump harness with no jump pack?

and to answer your question Wolfmeister. I have no idea why I did that :teehee: , I really just wanted some diversity and thought by adding that that he looks a little bit more intimidating in some way, hope that suffices. I should at least get some more bitz by friday and they will either be Devastators or Bikers. What do you guys think I should get next since I'm just about to be able get anything as of right now? and thank you for the C&C so far, really appreciated it!

Pretty cool! I'm gonna steal some of those ideas for my next marines!

I'm looking at ways to make the marines interact better with the basing, and that is what you have succeeded with that barricade-jumper.

*Emperor's Approval stamp*

Nr 2 looks like a sneaky git, the way he fondles the dagger/sword.

Nr 3 gives the impression that he's here to clean house, never doubt that for a second!

Btw, I see melta and flame. Salamanders coming?

Since I'm hearing alot about Salamanders I might take that under consideration, but I always liked a roman style army, if anything I just want an army that is a loyalist and not of traitor origin, so I will read up on the Salamanders and see if they are to my liking, thanks everyone for the nice comments, more will be coming up later today or tomorrow. A chaplain or some other good character may come into play though if you say Salamder then I say there will be a Salamander chaplain, with lots of greenstuffing on scales and such. So you won't have to wait long since I hope to make a weekly update with awesome conversions and hopefully eventually better greenstuffing. Tips, tricks and critique are always welcome. Thanks again brothers!

awesome conversions. I also like the guy jumping the wall, sure makes for a good assault trooper.

Also on your quest for nameing your DIY I hope my services could be helpful.

Heres a list of names that come to mind just looking at your unpainted mini's.

Shield Breakers

Indominus Guards

Guardians of the Flame

Firestarters

Thats all that come to mind. What are your armor colors?

Edit: or you could create a dragon related chapter, and gain entry into the list of the Cult of the Dragon :)

awesome conversions. I also like the guy jumping the wall, sure makes for a good assault trooper.

Also on your quest for nameing your DIY I hope my services could be helpful.

Heres a list of names that come to mind just looking at your unpainted mini's.

Shield Breakers

Indominus Guards

Guardians of the Flame

Firestarters

Thats all that come to mind. What are your armor colors?

So far I like Shield Breakers, though I have to think of a colour scheme and thati s one of the hardest parts to do, since that is one of the key elements of a Chapter. Oh and great news I'll be posting shortly my ghost warriors...also known as the damned! Stay turned for a few hours, no more then 2. Thank you for the help DeathKnight!

Now that I have returned, I will present to you my Ghost Warriors, the chapters damned and vengeful spirit! Here they are:

Aquillus, lord of the burning skies:

gallery_69772_7937_2140186.jpg

Sergeant Bromos, vengeful spirit:

gallery_69772_7937_791758.jpg

Brother Vandir, vengeful spirit:

gallery_69772_7937_2533083.jpg

Brother Salamar, vengeful spirit:

gallery_69772_7937_2730969.jpg

Brother Cassimir, Spirit of Death:

gallery_69772_7937_98609.jpg

and now what I have planned to use mabye for a diorama or so, but just something I build up are two Chaos Space Marines:

Lord Telerus, Lord of the Night and Sergeant of First Claw of the 56th Company:

gallery_69772_7937_3119448.jpg

Champion Endemion, Bringer of Pain and Ecstasy Emperor's Children:

gallery_69772_7937_55567.jpg

wow......just wow, your conversions are spectacular! Im really excited to see these painted, any idea what chapter they will be?

hmm so far I haven't really decided, though Salamanders are starting to sound nice, I haven't made a definitive descision. Though I'm not too happy with the standard looking Spirit marines, they will do for now. But like I said if anybody has a really good idea on what chapter they should look like then just pm or post it here in the thread, since I'm terrible with descisions. More will hopefully come tomorrow, when I buy a Devastator or Biker kit. I might get both even! Though that will have to wait until I get it, until then I hope to hear ideas for future conversion projects, if anybody has any ideas on a squad I should do or marines then just let me know and I'll get to work ;), thanks again C&C!

I love the dude vaulting ht barricade, but why on earth is there an ejection port on that heavy flamer..?

Well it was a Grey Knights Psi-cannon so... well I will just make something up for that ;). But for now just ignore it, your ignoring the bigger beauty :whistling:.

ok so huge epiphany popped up in my mind in the middle of the night now, and I have I think a colour scheme all that is missing is a name since Shield breakers will not do. I'll try to make the scheme tomorrow, but that might not happen since I'm either going to get Bikers and something else for Space Marines. But I'lll show you reference picture for sure. So thank you all for your support so far, I won't disappoint!

The fiery skull guys are just screaming all sorts of bassery. And the Chaos Raptor are the next project I intend to get my hands on. Here's an Idea for the color's I thought of colors not really used. something regal, yet powerful. And if you go the route of Salamanders its not to far-fetched. Well here it is gallery_54406_7648_41309.jpg. Its a regal purple ( imperial purple or something similar) with granite white colored insets, and skull, and wings, with a mild yellow lens.

Your Ghost Warriors are every kind of epic, sir! Where did you get the skulls?

@Messor: I got the skulls from the skeleton warriors set, since they usually give you around 15 mabye twenty of them it works really well for any conversion.

Thanks DeathKnight2000 I like the scheme but I really like this off shoot of a Grey Knights army, might be worth doing, so before I slap any paint on my models I'm going to use it on a test mini, here's a pic for reference (just so everyone knows this is not my pic, I just found it under Grey Knights colour schemes in google):

gallery_69772_7937_71233.jpg

forgetting the Grey Knight armor, I'll lookking at the silver armour, white helmet, gold trimmings and such. I hope to make it something like this, since I prefer Darker colours or a 'knightly' armour colour. So I'll see where it goes, later today I'll have some pictures up of new conversions, since like I said earlier, I'll be buying new Space Marines to join the ranks of my army. So cheers guys for the support, I won't let anyone down, if you want more of the Ghost warriors just let me know, cause I might make some ;)

Archived