ColdWinter's Space Marines

ok my fellow battle brothers, I have news to announce! I will be making a battlefield diorama! It iwll be huge and lots of minis will be included in it, even the ones that have been made so far. Here is a reference of what I will be making, but Warhammer 40k style, link:

it will most assurdly have drop pods and all the goodies in it, just ask if you have any questions on what enemies and such that I willbe fighting! Thanks alll for the support, that I now have the courage to do this! It has been my life long dream to present a chapter one day and then make them glorious in battle!

C&C is welcome as always battle brothers, I'll post and update tomorrow on something new, just decided to keep it a surprise since I want to keep the suspense going :D

I like the concept (in fact I am thinking about tackling a project like that myself once funds are in the right place)

Just three questions:

Whats the theme going to be?

Is it going to be a fluff based battle or a made up one? (if made up what is the setting?)

And who is going to be dying? :D

-the lifeguard

Cold Winter,

You sure have a set of brass ones! I watched that video and I was taken back by the scale of it, and your audacity to tackle a project like this is what makes this hobby great, and all of the time and money spent worth it to me.

I may not be able to pledge raw materials to your cause, but my support, advice and inappropriate sense of humor are with you 100%!

@arterialsplash What I changed about my chapter was that they have very close ties to the Ordo Xenos, but ultimatly are a Space Marine chapter, I will not be making nids since I just don't think it will be appropiate for the story I have planned and yes the models (and I mean all) will be removable since I plan on using them for battles and such.

@Life Guard of Justice To answer your questions:

1. The theme will be fluff based, so what I have in mind is just like the video and town/urban landscape battle against the Orks

2. It will be made up but fluff from my chapter will be added, also better called "Angel's Vengeance"

3. The people that will be dying are Orks and Space Marine, might add some Imperial Guard in there too I already have it mostly planned out and it seems like a solid plan already

@Battle8rother I sure will be asking for advice alot, specially on the Orks that I will have to make including the Marines with posing and such. But of course I feel this is right, since this will be the grand opening of my Chapter, I already have alot of the poses made out since the video did that for me already ;), but mostly Guardsmen will be dying some Marines too, just so it is more realistic. I'm glad you have my back brother I will be sure not to slacken on this grand project.

So what will be in the prject is that for christmas/ x-mas I already have planned to order two Cataphractii squads with special weapos kit and powerfists, possible a Legion Champion with Master of Signal and Mk II Command Upgrade Set for my army. and alot more then that, definitly two tanks will be present in the diorama both a predator and a landspeeder will be in it two! A small contigent of Deathwatch (the orignial) will also be in it, hacking and slashing through the Orks in combat. THis project will be epic for me and I hope that many will support me like Battle8rother, you guys gave me the will and power to do this, now it will most definitly be a one year long or so project since the scale will be big, but I will post regularly. Now it will not be a room size diorama but it will be a big table like one, since I can't use a room to put it in :D. But thanks again mates, I will not dissapoint!

Here is the next update my brothers, now sadly all the vehicles were sold out (mainly cause a guy but the entire stores armorium full of vehicles), but luckily for me a second edition biker squad of marines were left behind and so I bought those including a Emperor's Champion marines. So enjoy my next pieces of work before I move on to the next subject!

Veteran Sergeant Bremus, former Honour Guard:

gallery_69772_7937_985566.jpg

Bother Baltasar, is equiped with a shotgun (equivalent in game to bolter or melta):

gallery_69772_7937_442556.jpg

gallery_69772_7937_1552613.jpg

Brother Nemus "the Showoff", he is chargins headlong into a mass of orks and is gunning them down with bolter fire:

gallery_69772_7937_2928063.jpg

gallery_69772_7937_3216585.jpg

and now my favourite, Champion Honourius Chapter champion and leader of the Hunter Company:

gallery_69772_7937_1168242.jpg

gallery_69772_7937_1256035.jpg

I hope you guys like them, as much I loved assembling them together. A test mini with the colour scheme willc ome later in a few hours, since I just got finished with these brother marines. So stay tuned for some paint finally! C&C is welcome, I hope to hear suggestions and critique and so on. thank you everyone for your support the project is well under its way now!

ok here is the first model painted in the colour scheme of my chapter! The Chapter Champion had the honour of being the first to be half way through!

gallery_69772_7937_1967883.jpg

gallery_69772_7937_605928.jpg

gallery_69772_7937_810446.jpg

gallery_69772_7937_2732088.jpg

Hope you guys enjoyed him, he isn't done yet, but he is definitly getting there! This is the first to the road of epic achievment for this diorama, enjoy!

Woah, ive been away sick for only a week and your log is flowing! marvelous work mate! those conversions keep getting better and better.....and FINALLY....PAINT! lmao fantastic job on everything!

@Gearhart Thanks mate, I was saying the same thing about the paint when I bought it :D. Well anyways here is another marine though not posted before he is in his painting stages and is allmost done. Now I still need to buy colours for blue energy cabling and colours for flesh, since I only bought enough for armour but I will have more next weekend. Next minis may be tanks or infantry, just tell me what you guys want.

New voting session!:

1. Infantry (also say what typ of one, like Terminators, etc.)

2. Vehicles

ok but like I said earlier here is the new marines!

Brother Santar, veteran sergeant to Champion Honourius:

gallery_69772_7937_1676257.jpg

gallery_69772_7937_1211059.jpg

Hope you guys like him, there alot more techinques I will be using for these guys, so just C&C for the current state would be fine, thanks mates :D

Very cool colour scheme brother. I think you just about have the gold bronze down pat. I would suggest a few more layers to solidify that red a little more. Its just not standing out from the black i feel. I realise that your still gathering your paints and these guys are wip though so im interested to see how this develops.

@Gearhart Totally agree with the lighting, though it was dark outside and I was tired so I will get better pics by the end of the week.

@arterialsplash I have to agree with the red, but I found my masterclass painting book and I will try to compare colours and see if I get good effects with the gold and red. So thanks mate for pointing that out I knew something was wrong with it :)

@HellChyld Go right ahead brother, you can take the idea with the double handed chainsword it was orginially made for Night Lords anyways :P, and not sure if I should get an Assault Squad or Assault Terminator Squad since it will all go to the diorama. Any ideas on which on of those too?

Ok I will post hopefully alot later a small snippet of a story for the diorama, and how the chapters character is. Oh and before I forget here is my best friend Malukah!

, I thought it could also be a good song for sad ending of a story I am writing. She is like a sister to me since she took care of me since the beginning, so just wanted to bring this up for no reason :lol:. But anyways I ahve an idea of getting that new Deathshroud Terminator since it looks awesome, and I will most likely convert it to my army once it is purchasable. What do you guys think?

also here is a link to the Deathshroud if you haven't seen it yet Deathshroud Terminators

First off, great idea with the diorama, I remember seeing that Halo trailer and thinking a 40k one would be pretty cool as well.

Second, I think Malukah has an amazing voice. Ive been following her on Facebook since I saw her Dragonborn cover. (cos that doesnt sound stalker ish :P) and really like this latest song.

Those Deathshroud look pretty cool as well. Be interesting to see how you repose them. ;)

First off, great idea with the diorama, I remember seeing that Halo trailer and thinking a 40k one would be pretty cool as well.

Second, I think Malukah has an amazing voice. Ive been following her on Facebook since I saw her Dragonborn cover. (cos that doesnt sound stalker ish :P) and really like this latest song.

Those Deathshroud look pretty cool as well. Be interesting to see how you repose them. ;)

I wouldn't call it stalking :P so don't worry about it, but anyways she took care of me when I was really young so she is like a mother and a big sis :P. She is a really big gamer we still play Halo 4 and I can't stop crying about Cortana every once and awhile, but now to stop getting off subject. I believe the Deathshroud would be a fine addition to my army, not sure about Cataphractii now :P, but I will get a bunch of minis for my chapter, they will be the elite and terrible to behold in battle as any Space Marine would be. The diorama may not be started for awhile since I'm first just trying to get my chapter together, I already have poses planned out so it will only have to wait until I get the board is done. But story will be up later so you guys can understand the beginning of the assault which is what this diorama is :), cheers brothers!

ok here is the beginning of the story, now it's not perfect but it is something you can wrap your heads around. At least you will be able to guess and mabye want more of the story, since this is the first chapter I have created for Space Marines. Now just point out what need correcting, I'm deliberatly keeping it short so you guy are left a cliff hangar, so have fun reading it!

The sky of Illiax IV was on fire, the air was filled with tracer fire and explosions. Entire waves of drop pods were hurling towards the surface of the planet, some were hit by rockets and exploded, spilling their precious cargo through the world’s atmosphere. But more kept coming from the void; retro engines burning the first ones hit the landscape of the urban Imperial planet. Black figures jumped from the red lit interior of the first drop pods, they fired their massive weapons at the orks causing whole swathes of the green skinned aliens to fall in bloody mangled heaps. More pods hammered into the ground near the first one also unleashing more of the black armoured clad marines, explosions and bolter fire ripped through the landscape now causing buildings to be filled with craters. The sky darkened as entire squadrons of gunships descended from the heavens following the Drop Pods to the enemies below, like angels bringing vengeance they unleashed fire upon the xenos that were trying to regroup on the rugged landscape. The first gunship came to fiery halt 20 metres above the ground, its hull was painted black and red and a silver Aquila was crafted on the aircrafts frontal ramp. Its ramp flew open and twenty black armoured Terminators were visible from within the cargo hold, their armour was archaic hailing from the days of the Great Crusade and the Horus heresy, they leaped off of the Thunderhawk and causing miniature earthquakes when they hit the ground with their armoured feet. The lead terminator straightened and drew its power sword, the weapon flickering into life as power was fed across the molecular sharp edged metal. The sergeant turned to face his squad and pointed at the Orks that were regrouping for a counter assault.

“Brothers today we take our vengeance, for the living!”

The other terminators roared their approval and raised their power weapons high in the air, For the living!

Archived